Samsung Galaxy S4 — Memory Issue

• Replies:5
Paul Hiltz
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 6, 2016, 3:22:44 PM via Website

Why does my Galaxy S 4 move applications from SD card back to internal storage? Sometimes I get memory running out notification and find out some of my added applications have moved from SD card back to internal memory. Why does this happen & is it preventable? Very frustrating!!!!

russlee brown
  • Forum posts: 38

Oct 7, 2016, 1:22:02 PM via Website

I have heard this option will work on Samsung phones : from your dial pad dial *#9900# when the screen pops up you want to choose the third option, run dumpstate/log cat and then hit ok. This should help you with you low memory issues. I know this works on Samsung phones only. Hope this will help some.

Paul Hiltz

Oct 7, 2016, 2:24:06 PM via Website

Thanks for your reply. *#9900# does not work on my phone. Am I supposed to hit dial for the screen to pop up?

russlee brown

Oct 7, 2016, 8:14:47 PM via Website

It should automatically pop up. I just checked my phone and it popped right up. Maybe try hitting the send. Not sure why it's not working

Paul Hiltz

Oct 7, 2016, 9:22:58 PM via Website

Still not working, tried it on phone dial pad & entering code in txt msg line, hit send.....nothing.

russlee brown

Oct 8, 2016, 5:41:29 AM via Website

The only two other things I can suggest, is one, reboot your phone and try the 9900 thing if that doesn't work I would suggest that you do a back up to your computer all the things you hold dear and do a reset. One other thing I'd do is download a good file manager and look through the hidden files, thumbnails folder can store a huge amount of information and other hidden files that the regular system file Explorer won't left you see, I'm not throwing a plug for any app but I use file Commander from the play store but there are a lot of them in there.