Amazing gamejam!

• Replies:0
hulise
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 1, 2016, 7:56:44 AM via Website

I have recently attended G-NEXT Game Jam about a week ago. It’s a game jam that is organized at the Startup Campus in Pangyo Gyeonggi-do of Korea. The theme of the gamejam was SUMMER STORY. All the games at the event were inspired by this word. Some gamedevelopers created a game about the Rio Olympics, others (2 developers, actually) created a game about mosquito’s. I must say that the games that I saw at the game jam were quite amazing. All of them looked really good, I have seen so many good games at the event.

M.O.G.I. is a game that is probably inspired by the current heatwave in the city and the resulting mosquito's. (it’s like 32 degrees here everyday, lol). You play a mosquito, who is trying to suck the blood out of the humans, without getting killed. If you successfully survive the night, you will start a new generation. I managed to get 5 generations before I got a game over screen.

Mosquito VR is an game that is really funny and also has mosquito’s as a common theme. It’s a VR game where you are a mosquito that is trying to suck the blood out of a human. You hide in and around furniture, waiting for your human to walk by. Right now the game was a bit clunky, but I see high potential for the game. It was already so much fun trying to hit the human without dying.

When you’re in Korea, definitely check out the indie scene here. It’s quite amazing to experience it.