Samsung Galaxy S3 — Factory Reset STUCK! Help!

• Replies:12
Anna Oak
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 17, 2016, 3:37:19 PM via Website

Hello, I am really worried about my phone because I have had it for around 2 years and I considered factory resetting it today morning and I did and it has been showing me "Downloading..." screen for 7 HOURS! I know it says don't turn off device, but I have taken out the battery several times and it still shows up the same screen. Please help I can't afford even a nokia and I don't know what to do!
It shows a black screen with android icon and big text - Downloading... and below that Do not turn off target!! And then in the top left corner it shows Could not do normal boot. DOIN MODE. Product name: GT-I9300I. Current Binary: custom. System status: custom. QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE (CSB)
RP SWREV: S1, T1, R1, A1, P1.
UDC START

ITS DOING THIS FOR 7 HOURS! HELP!
PLEASE! ASAP! :C

Bastian Siewers
  • Forum posts: 9,729

Aug 17, 2016, 3:49:13 PM via Website

Hello Anna, welcome to AndroidPIT! :)

Are you pressing any other buttons than the power button when trying to boot the phone?

The screen / mode you see right now is called the "download mode". Every Samsung phone has it and its meant to be used when you try to install a different firmware.

If your phone is not booting normally I guess the only thing you can do is actually install a fresh firmware.
But first lets see if you really have to before I start explaining that.

Anna Oak

Anna Oak

Aug 17, 2016, 3:50:50 PM via Website

Okay basically what I did was I removed the battery so the phone shuts down and then I pressed ONLY the power on button not any volume buttons.

And then the downloading screen showed up.
I would really appreciate it if you would know how to fix this.
I'm sorry if I talk bad english I am very stressed!

Bastian Siewers

Aug 17, 2016, 4:59:25 PM via Website

No worries Anna :)

So, you need to do a few steps to get your phone to work again.

First of all, do you have a pc? Because we do need one now.

You need to download a program called Odin, you can download it here.

While its downloading you can look for the correct firmware. To search for it you need your serial number, which you can find here or on the phone under the battery.

And to make it even easier, here is a full tutorial for Odin.

Anna Oak

Anna Oak

Aug 17, 2016, 8:17:46 PM via Website

This is too hard, I can't do it, is there a possible way that you or someone can set this all up for me in teamviewer or somehow? And I don't see Latvia as a country in "correct firmware".

Anna Oak

Aug 18, 2016, 9:26:30 AM via Website

I am going to be dead if my parents will know this please help can you set it up for me I am not good with phones I don't understand anything.

Bastian Siewers

Aug 18, 2016, 12:14:13 PM via Website

Hi,

I'm really sorry but we do not offer support over teamviewer or something similar. Can you find your provider in the list?

And if you really cant handle it, there should be a shop around that fixes phones for you. They should also be able to fix your phone in this situation.

Anna Oak

Anna Oak

Aug 18, 2016, 1:55:42 PM via Website

Okay, yeah its really hard and I'll just pay the 20$ to fix my phone. I hope they will really install the right version though.
Thanks so much for the help, this was the most useful site I found for this situation, I hope you're getting paid enough for this job because you sure are a great staff and admin!
10/10 on the service!

Thanks so much again!
I'm going to tell my friends about this website.

Anna Oak

Aug 18, 2016, 9:44:05 PM via Website

Okay, so I went to the technician or whatever you call the guy who fixes phones and he said my phone has a damaged part somewhere that makes it not working sometimes propertly. The phone technically still works, I tried even internet and instagram works, so I gave it to my grandma for internet. And I got a new phone - Samsung Galaxy A5 and my mom wasn't even so mad.

Yet again, without this website I wouldn't have survived.
10/10 service, love it and you're awesome!
I wish you a great week! I'm very happy with my new phone!

Ketty M.
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 21, 2016, 8:14:44 PM via Website

glad that your problem is resolved :)

gavi dani
  • Forum posts: 10

Aug 18, 2023, 5:07:57 AM via Website

Oh nice new phone!