LG Optimus F5 — Can't with Nexus Root Toolkit because of missing file

• Replies:4
Fke Ac
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 28, 2016, 1:05:21 PM via Website

So i've tried to root my Google Nexus 5x with these Tutorials youtube.com/watch?v=tyJq_Ta8Y9Y, theunlockr.com/2015/12/26/root-nexus-5x/ and followed everything step for step and could like described unlock the bootloader.
Now i should be able to root my phone but the ''!readytheflash'' file is missing which is the one i need in order to root.

So my question is can i add this file somehow? Or is there another way to root with the Nexus Root Toolkit?

Thanks for all answers in advance, i'm a noob at this whole thing and couldn't find the solution with googling

— modified on Jul 28, 2016, 1:26:17 PM

giis
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 28, 2016, 2:08:13 PM via Website

I assume, you are trying to Root the Nexus 5x device. Is that correct? If so, I would recommend TWRP root method. It typically comes to these steps:

Before the steps, lets understand what rooting mean?
We want to place (su) binary file into Android system. So that it acts as gateway for root/admin level access. This binary needs to be placed in /system location. Problem is the path mounted as 'ReadOnly' mode by Android to prevent gaining Root access.

One way to mount /system as 'ReadWrite' to login to Recovery OS (think of it as a second hidden OS inside Android) then change above /system path permission. This Recovery OS can be installed with the help of TWRP. You can find your Recovery OS image for your Nexus-5 from their download pages. (just google twrp). Once their Recovery OS installed on your device. You can easily place the 'su' binary with the help of 'SuperSu' or any other app into /system. Now reboot into original OS, it has
'su' binary for use.

I hope you got some understanding of it. Steps will be like
0) Download SuperSu apk and place it under /some/path
1) Unlock the bootloader & put device into bootloader mode.
2) Install the TWRP recovery image (fastboot flash recovery )
3) Now login to twrp and install SU app from /some/path (step-0)
4) Reboot the system.

If you have doubts ,let me know

— modified on Jul 29, 2016, 12:36:18 PM

Fke Ac

Jul 29, 2016, 12:22:40 AM via Website

alright thanks for your answer will try it soon

— modified on Jul 29, 2016, 12:32:42 AM

Fke Ac

Jul 29, 2016, 3:27:08 PM via Website

I've placed Super SU and installed it but after restarting booting took forever (6 hours till the battery was empty). Gladly i've fixed this now. Do you know what went wrong? I unlocked my device, enabled USB-debugging and everything, used the root option in the Nexus Root Toolkit and choosed to install from Super Su which i extracted and added via PC. Was something wrong with SU or did i forget a step?

giis
  • Forum posts: 6

Jul 30, 2016, 11:25:53 AM via Website

I'm not familiar with Nexus Root Toolkit , how did you resolve the boot issue ? uninstalled the app?