new sd card problem

• Replies:3
Tom Kanupke
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 15, 2016, 6:49:03 PM via Website

Hello, I recently bought a sandisk 64gbs sd card for my galaxy 5. After I backed up my pictures and files with Google drive, I turned off phone an put in sd card. Turned it back on, formated my card to the phone. I moved a picture to the SD card, it worked. When I deleted the same picture from my device storage, I went back to my sd card and it deleted the picture also. I turned my phone off and on, even re put in the card. Same problem. Any suggestions?

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 15, 2016, 7:37:36 PM via Website

Tom Kanupke

Hello, I recently bought a sandisk 64gbs sd card for my galaxy 5. After I backed up my pictures and files with Google drive, I turned off phone an put in sd card. Turned it back on, formated my card to the phone. I moved a picture to the SD card, it worked. When I deleted the same picture from my device storage, I went back to my sd card and it deleted the picture also. I turned my phone off and on, even re put in the card. Same problem. Any suggestions?

How do you confirm you have successfully moved a picture to the SD card? Maybe the picture was not moved in the first place?

— modified on Jul 15, 2016, 7:40:28 PM

Tom Kanupke
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 15, 2016, 7:51:15 PM via Website

When I selected the picture, I hit move. A box came up with the sd card option. I hit that, it sent. I looked under the sd card storage it was there.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 16, 2016, 3:01:57 AM via Website

Tom Kanupke

When I selected the picture, I hit move. A box came up with the sd card option. I hit that, it sent. I looked under the sd card storage it was there.

Ok, you moved the picture to sd card. So there is only one copy of the picture. You did not copy which will make a copy of the picture in the sd card if you copied. When you do this "When I deleted the same picture from my device storage, I went back to my sd card and it deleted the picture also", you delete the same picture, you are deleting the only copy that you have, which you moved to the sd card.

Actually, you did not quite state the problem. You only mentioned what transpired. Is the problem "you lost your picture" or is it something else?