Huawei Ascend G525 — Huawei P9 Lite - Connect to PC

• Replies:7
Rainer Teh
  • Forum posts: 2

Jul 9, 2016, 10:44:03 AM via Website

Hi,

This is my first post. First of all, I'll like to say a big hello to all. I've decided to post in this thread under general issues.

I have a Huawei P9 Lite. Everytime I connect the phone to my PC, I have to manually go to the phone settings and select Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) under Select USB Configuration, then only I can transfer files to and from the phone and PC. How do I setup the phone so that I don't have to manually set these options every time I connect the phone to my PC? I want the phone to autoconnect to the PC every time I connect it to the PC. I didn't have this problem in my previous phone, Samsung Galaxy Mega 2.

Pls help thanks. Looking forward to reply.

From a frustrated Huawei P9 Lite user.

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jul 9, 2016, 8:56:48 PM via Website

Rainer Teh

Hi,

This is my first post. First of all, I'll like to say a big hello to all. I've decided to post in this thread under general issues.

I have a Huawei P9 Lite. Everytime I connect the phone to my PC, I have to manually go to the phone settings and select Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) under Select USB Configuration, then only I can transfer files to and from the phone and PC. How do I setup the phone so that I don't have to manually set these options every time I connect the phone to my PC? I want the phone to autoconnect to the PC every time I connect it to the PC. I didn't have this problem in my previous phone, Samsung Galaxy Mega 2.

This started in Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Before that, there is no need to do that. Google (Android) makes it so troublesome for users.

This is supposed to be the solution, but may/may not work, because there are reports it didn't work on some phones even though the setting is Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).

Activate Developer Mode
- Goto Settings
- Tap About Device
- Tap Build Number 7 times to activate Developer mode

You will now have Developer Mode in Settings
- Goto Settings
- Tap Developer Mode (check under 'More' if you can't find it)
- Tap Select USB Configuration
- Select Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)

Generic instructions, not specific to Huawei phones

Rainer Teh

Rainer Teh

Jul 10, 2016, 6:09:43 AM via Website

pentel

Rainer Teh

Hi,

This started in Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Before that, there is no need to do that. Google (Android) makes it so troublesome for users.

This is supposed to be the solution, but may/may not work, because there are reports it didn't work on some phones even though the setting is Media Transfer Protocol (MTP).

Activate Developer Mode
- Goto Settings
- Tap About Device
- Tap Build Number 7 times to activate Developer mode

You will now have Developer Mode in Settings
- Goto Settings
- Tap Developer Mode (check under 'More' if you can't find it)
- Tap Select USB Configuration
- Select Media Transfer Protocol (MTP)

Generic instructions, not specific to Huawei phones

Hi pentel, thanks for your reply. I've followed your instructions. However, the problem still persists. Only one time it automatically displayed the Internal Storage screen successfully.

I think I have to go to Huawei Service Center to solve this problem.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Rainer

Christy Paul
  • Forum posts: 29

Apr 23, 2017, 5:08:48 AM via Website

The purpose of this software design is to protect your phone from computer virus auto reading your phone data.
Just tap the MTP option everytime.

Nuno S.
  • Forum posts: 13

Apr 23, 2017, 2:56:09 PM via Website

I don't have the p9, but I have the p8 and I think it's the same way.

When the prompt shows up, look for the don't bother me again option or something similar and it should open automatically next time.

Brian MacLennan

May 29, 2017, 11:12:51 AM via Website

I have a P9 lite and having trouble connecting to my laptop. I've installed HiSuite and followed the instructions re allowing HiSuite to use HDB as well as activating Developer options re USB debugging and ensuring that the USB setting is on MTP and not charge only. However, when I connect the USB cable to the phone, the phone charges but that's it, there's no indication from the phone or the laptop that they recognise each other. Any ideas?

Bobby Inc
  • Forum posts: 30

Aug 14, 2017, 9:45:56 AM via Website

Hi! I had the same issue and tried all the possible solution but to no avail, I was not able to transfer between my phone and computer. So, if you have access to internet connection, you may use AirMore. This works perfectly in transferring files between Android and computer wirelessly. It's pretty easy to use. You just need to navigate to their official website and then connect your phone through scanning the QR code or you can utilize the Radar. Once connected, you'll be able to see all the files stored on your phone. And from there, you can move your files easily.

Brian MacLennan

Aug 14, 2017, 9:52:05 AM via Website

Thanks for the info, I'd actually forgotten that I'd posted this. I figured it out not long after posting though......my problem seemed to be that I was using the wrong cable. I was using the cable from my wife's Samsung and when I connected my Huawei cable, it worked perfectly! I've got no idea why, because it shouldn't make a difference, but there you go :-)