email won't download with WiFi turned on

• Replies:9
Steven Roberts
  • Forum posts: 5

Jun 29, 2016, 8:00:11 PM via Website

This problem arose recently. I use the Inbox email app to download email from my Comcast and Gmail accounts. This works fine unless I have WiFi turned on, then the downloading icon spins, but nothing downloads. If I turn off WiFi, the download works. This happens on both mine and my wife's phones (LG G4). I have the latest Verizon software (VS98625A) installed. I have tried many things to fix this, but nothing so far has worked. Is anyone else having this problem?

russlee brown
  • Forum posts: 38

Jun 30, 2016, 9:34:52 PM via Website

Try rebooting your router. Any time I have issues with wifi it is the first thing I do.

Steven Roberts

Jul 1, 2016, 3:22:47 AM via Website

I tried that and it had no effect. My WiFi router works fine for internet browsing and email on my laptop, and it works fine for internet browsing on my cell phone. It just won't permit me to download email thru it. I can download email by turning off the WiFi in my cell phone and just downloading it thru the Verizon cell network.

James Watson
  • Forum posts: 1,584

Jul 1, 2016, 3:33:48 AM via Website

I think it must result from some special filter rule in your router's setting. Try to disable any filter settings in your router.

Download size < 0.15 MB. But also accurate enough, ad-free & free.
The minimalist app available on Play Store: https://goo.gl/ws42fN
Blog: https://okblackcafe.blogspot.com Your 5-star is appreciated.

russlee brown

Jul 1, 2016, 3:45:26 AM via Website

Try disabling ipV6 setting. I was reading that for some reason the ipV6 setting in your router Maybe affecting your ability to download your email on wifi. I hope this helps. This problem seems to be limited to the new s7 but this is really all I can come with.

Steven Roberts

Jul 1, 2016, 4:00:34 AM via Website

I'll try that tomorrow. BTW, the reason that I am using the general LG forum is that they have not set up one for the LG G4.

russlee brown

Jul 1, 2016, 4:50:39 AM via Website

It's all good. :D

Steven Roberts

Jul 1, 2016, 3:46:12 PM via Website

I just tried an experiment suggested by my wife. She had noticed that she could download email when she was signed on to a neighbor's WiFi, so I tried that and found the same thing. So, there must be something wrong with my router a Netgear WNDR 3800. I tried your suggestion to turn off iPv6 but couldn't find a way to do that.

Steven Roberts

Jul 1, 2016, 4:45:27 PM via Website

I went back online and found several people complaining about Netgear routers with iPv6 turned on causing problem that were fixed by turning it off. So, I went back to the Netgear interface and finally found that I could turn iPv6 off. Guess what, my cell phone will now download email with WiFi turned on!!

russlee brown

russlee brown

Jul 1, 2016, 5:37:46 PM via Website

I'm happy I could steer you in the right direction. Not an expert by a long shot, but always have my nose into trouble shooting things. Have a nice day