Urgent - I need help as soon as possible!

• Replies:4
Jack Nesbitt
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 24, 2016, 4:25:13 PM via Website

Recently i rooted my phone using kingroot, but then my google accounts weren't syncing and i tried everything to make them work to no avail, also i could not update my software, so i eventually did a hard reset, but when i reloaded my phone my accounts still werent working and my software updater still said that the software had been modified, so it couldnt update. I yet again hard reset my phone but still! my google accounts and my software cannot update, still saying that it had been modified even though i had reset it twice. What im asking is how do i completely reset my phone, including the os?

Jack Nesbitt

Jun 24, 2016, 4:27:34 PM via Website

I am really really desperate as i use my phone for most of each day, it just seems that i might have to use my phone without using any google apps what so ever, which is really inconvenient as i watch youtube daily, and have all my school and personal accounts linked to my google apps, which have stopped syncing
:'(

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 24, 2016, 8:41:49 PM via Website

Jack Nesbitt

Recently i rooted my phone using kingroot, but then my google accounts weren't syncing and i tried everything to make them work to no avail, also i could not update my software, so i eventually did a hard reset, but when i reloaded my phone my accounts still werent working and my software updater still said that the software had been modified, so it couldnt update. I yet again hard reset my phone but still! my google accounts and my software cannot update, still saying that it had been modified even though i had reset it twice. What im asking is how do i completely reset my phone, including the os?

Kingroot is known to have malware at some point and probably still is now. To remove kingroot, open kingroot, tap on settings in kingroot, tap "Root Authorization Setting", tap "Remove Root Permission". You will see "Remove Root Authorization completely and return to Unroot status, Proceed?" Tap "Clear" to begin the "Remove Root Permission" process. Once Kingroot is removed, you can then proceed to reset the the phone.

Jack Nesbitt

Jack Nesbitt

Jun 24, 2016, 8:51:55 PM via Website

I appreciate your response, but the two factory resets i have done removed the actual kingroot app, so I can't access that menu you have mentioned. Any other tips? Reinstall root using kingroot then follow your steps maybe?

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 25, 2016, 8:28:16 PM via Website

This is a tricky one, if the software updater said that the software had been modified and it couldn't update and you have done two factory resets, there is no harm reinstalling Kingroot and then removing it through the proper steps above. Then try to run the software updater and see what happens. Regardless of the outcome (even if the software updater is working), factory reset the phone again to ensure a clean system.