cant open google play or gmail app

• Replies:6
John HotRod
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 24, 2016, 4:43:25 AM via Website

Hi,
Yesterday I was closing and disabling a bunch of apps to get my phone to run faster. I believe I clicked something regarding Google that said my Google has gone back to its default version. I think this was a big mistake. My gmail and Play app won't open now. The app icons are there and it says they're running but when I click on them nothing happens. Can't download any updates because play won't open. Also Google says my version no longer supported and I can't figure out how to upgrade it. On an Android

dragonball
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 24, 2016, 1:48:24 PM via Website

Try to uninstall previous updates from Application manager

robin
  • Forum posts: 14

Aug 2, 2016, 9:39:05 AM via Website

good job :D

ani100
  • Forum posts: 7

Jan 10, 2020, 12:51:26 PM via Website

I suggest uninstall the app and then install again. May it work. Try this method.

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Jan 10, 2020, 1:49:10 PM via Website

Try to reinstall gmail from the app directory and log in. It is strange because if you are not rooted you should not be able to uninstall these apps. If you can not do anything you should try a factory reset. It should bring back things to the state it was when you got the phone from the shop

— modified on Jan 10, 2020, 1:54:32 PM

cheelen
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 23, 2020, 6:02:20 PM via Website

After recent MI updates, my message and Gmail app stopped responding. I removed the updates and all started working fine again.

bitchkirpich
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 1, 2020, 1:46:36 AM via Website

Just reinstal this apps
I think its will be help u