Unlocking questions

• Replies:3
Andrea
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 16, 2016, 4:28:51 PM via App

I'm kinda curious on how I would go about doing all this.. I am running a Samsung amp prime with cricket service and am able to get the unlock code.. Would I still be able to run cricket service on my amp again without it locking back to cricket? If it's going to be fully unlocked, what are my next steps after getting the code if I plan to use their service still? I'm new to this and have heard that it is totally worth it to unlock a phone, so I'm just getting all the info I need beforehand. :) Also am wondering on if it's unlocked if id be able to use the hotspot feature on my phone or would I still need to pay the extra for it? Sorry for all the questions, lol. Thank you in advance for any tips and advice you are able to provide!

Benjen Cour
  • Forum posts: 16

Jun 16, 2016, 5:45:30 PM via Website

I don't think you need to pay extra for using Hotspot just need the data pack purchased. I am also using Hotspot which is connected onto my laptop. And when I used I don't need to pay extra charges. I just need to buy data pack for the whole month.

Andrea
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 16, 2016, 6:49:34 PM via App

Benjen Cour

I don't think you need to pay extra for using Hotspot just need the data pack purchased. I am also using Hotspot which is connected onto my laptop. And when I used I don't need to pay extra charges. I just need to buy data pack for the whole month.

I've tried using the provided hotspot in settings and widgets and apps etc, cricket told me that since I'm on the $70 truly unlimited plan that the hot spot feature is not available.. They charge an extra $10 a month to use it.

On the last phone I had (zte fanfare) I was able to connect my tab 3 plus my old s5 with a hotspot widget..

— modified on Jun 16, 2016, 6:51:30 PM

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

Jun 16, 2016, 7:37:41 PM via Website

Andrea

I'm kinda curious on how I would go about doing all this.. I am running a Samsung amp prime with cricket service and am able to get the unlock code.. Would I still be able to run cricket service on my amp again without it locking back to cricket? If it's going to be fully unlocked, what are my next steps after getting the code if I plan to use their service still? I'm new to this and have heard that it is totally worth it to unlock a phone, so I'm just getting all the info I need beforehand. :) Also am wondering on if it's unlocked if id be able to use the hotspot feature on my phone or would I still need to pay the extra for it? Sorry for all the questions, lol. Thank you in advance for any tips and advice you are able to provide!

Phone unlocking has nothing to do with being able to " run cricket service on my amp again" or the "hotspot".

The phone is locked to a carrier, for example, Cricket. You unlock the phone to use the phone with a different carrier. Once unlocked, you can use with any carrier, including Cricket themselves.