Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge — New S6 edge is slow and lagging

• Replies:3
Rose Duncan
  • Forum posts: 3

May 20, 2016, 4:57:29 PM via Website

I just got a new S6 edge about a week ago and it's been acting weird all week :

• it's really slow when i unlock it
  • the screen switches off randomly when I'm trying to type in my unlock code
  • the music stops abruptly when I'm listening to it and then starts at the beginning when I unlock and press play (the play thing disappears from the lock screen
  • it heats up a little bit when i use it
  • and the apps on the menu appear really slowly when I leave an app

it's really weird, and since it's a new phone and my old one just wouldn't switch on anymore, I don't know what to do about it. Is it normal and what should I do about it ?

Thank you

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 20, 2016, 6:17:15 PM via Website

Rose Duncan

I just got a new S6 edge about a week ago and it's been acting weird all week :

• it's really slow when i unlock it
  • the screen switches off randomly when I'm trying to type in my unlock code
  • the music stops abruptly when I'm listening to it and then starts at the beginning when I unlock and press play (the play thing disappears from the lock screen
  • it heats up a little bit when i use it
  • and the apps on the menu appear really slowly when I leave an app

it's really weird, and since it's a new phone and my old one just wouldn't switch on anymore, I don't know what to do about it. Is it normal and what should I do about it ?

Thank you

It is not normal. You can try to factory reset the phone and see if that resolve the issue. When you reinstall your apps, particularly apps from unknown developers, test out the phone after installing the app to see if that app causes the issue. If that does not resolve the issue, take the phone back to the store since it is a new phone and about a week old.

Rose Duncan

Rose Duncan
  • Forum posts: 3

May 20, 2016, 6:35:59 PM via Website

Thank you, that's what I wanted to do but I wasn't sure. This morning, I switched it off and left it to charge for 2 hours, and it seems to be better. If it starts getting really annoying again, I'm going to follow your advice and do the reset. Thank you a lot !

ASIF MOSTAFA
  • Forum posts: 5

May 22, 2016, 12:19:59 PM via Website

I am not facing the problem though , it is a very very good phn , i think your phone has some problem