App fails to load due to amount of assets

• Replies:2
Adam
  • Forum posts: 2

May 17, 2016, 8:32:09 AM via Website

I've gotten to where my Construct2-made Google Play game doesn't load, but rather has a red progress loading bar, due to having and trying to load too many image and audio assets: 771 .png images at 34.3mb, and 539 .ogg sounds at 23.7mb. However, it fails so soon that it seems to simply be giving up too quickly. Do you have any ideas on how to make it load the assets anyway instead of giving up so fast? I imagine the fix will involve editing or adding lines of code, such as to c2runtime.js, config.xml, or index.html.
Thank you

Vladimir S.
  • Forum posts: 266

May 17, 2016, 10:58:37 AM via Website

Hi, Adam. I don't think your app needs all assets at start. Maybe it is possible to load assets for each level separately? Also you can try to reduce the size of files, if it is possible (resize images for example).

Adam
  • Forum posts: 2

May 18, 2016, 4:44:24 AM via Website

I can't seem to find a way to do that with Construct 2 and I don't know how to edit any of the code files to tell it to do something like that. It seems to automatically load everything all at once for all levels right at the start. I don't have much wiggle room with file sizes, as the pngs are already png-8's.