Motorola Moto G — Android File Transfer not working between Moto G (2015) and MacBook Pro

• Replies:9
Roy Stevens
  • Forum posts: 6

Mar 21, 2016, 10:51:41 PM via Website

Hi,
I installed Android File Transfer on my MacBook Pro to move files between it and my Moto G 2015. The first time I used it, I was able to transfer some files but I kept getting this window saying, "

Can’t access device storage
If your device’s screen is locked, disconnect its usb cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the usb cable."

Since then, I just get the message.

Any ideas?

best
rkevins

AndroidAPK

Roy Stevens

Mar 24, 2016, 12:21:59 PM via Website

Thanks, i figured it out.

AndroidAPK
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 25, 2016, 6:23:47 AM via Website

Thank alot! .

Roy Stevens

Mar 25, 2016, 1:38:46 PM via Website

Thanks! I'll check that out, but I figured out (by accident) that I had to touch notifications and there I was given options that made it work.

nowk
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 7, 2016, 9:08:40 AM via Website

There're some special designed android file transfer apps to transfer data between your phone and computer

— modified on Nov 16, 2016, 9:33:13 AM

Alex Taylor
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 6, 2017, 4:50:37 PM via Website

You can use this app (www.sync-mac.com/droid-sync.html) to sync your Moto with Mac. Like AFT it allows mounting Moto to your Mac and transferring files between devices. Additionally, it syncs data between Moto and Mac - personal, media or folders.

smalling123
  • Forum posts: 30

Nov 2, 2017, 10:49:30 AM via Website

If you want to transfer files from your Android phone to computer, try this method, it will be helpful for you, I haved try this way for many times, ans it is powerful on my side, hope it helps.

— modified on Nov 3, 2017, 2:52:41 AM

olivia williams
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 2, 2017, 11:32:35 AM via Website

you also transfer files through some android application

Bobby Inc
  • Forum posts: 30

Nov 3, 2017, 3:09:10 AM via Website

Hello there! I had troubled with this too. So I searched for alternative way, and found AirMore as a good app to connect Android phone to Mac. It's free and very convenient to use. You just need to input the website on your browser then open the mobile app. Next, scan the QR code and once successfully connected, you can import and export files already.

deveauwelle32
  • Forum posts: 26

Nov 3, 2017, 9:46:57 AM via Website

It is possible to transfer Motorola phone file to a Macbook, just see a video to know how to do directly.