Samsung Galaxy S3 — how to remove myself from annoying group texts

• Replies:2
Eric V
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 11, 2016, 1:20:12 AM via Website

I don't think there is a way to do it without installing an app. I installed one called "SMS Blocker. Clean Inbox" and set it as my default texting app, but now it's blocking ALL group texts (MMS). So, what now? I want either the ability to remove myself from a group conversation, or at least block a particular group text w/o blocking ALL group texts.

Eric V
  • Forum posts: 2

May 4, 2016, 5:12:52 PM via Website

Here's what I ended up having to do. First of all, just blocking the number of the original group texter (the inconsiderate a$$ who put me in this position) won't do anything to block all of the responses from each person in the group. See the problem now?

So I had to jot down all the phone numbers of each person in the group, then went to the messaging app (not the actual group text, just the part where it shows all your latest text conversations). Click the menu button, then settings, scroll all the way to the bottom. Third from the bottom is "Add to spam numbers". From there, you will be able to add each and every one of the numbers included in that group text.

This isn't going to be ideal for everyone, because obviously you'll no longer be able to receive texts from the other individuals in the group. It works for me because I'm not friends with anyone in that group. But if I was, I just wouldn't block those numbers(s) and would have to put up with their annoying responses to a group text that I have no business being in. In this case, it's my old softball team. I'm not interested in playing anymore, but the coach doesn't seem to be interested in not including me in the group texts!

Julie Jurkovich

Julie Jurkovich
  • Forum posts: 1

Mar 14, 2017, 1:04:36 AM via Website

Thank you! You're a life saver! I had forgotten about those spam settings. These group messages were from such nice people, but I didn't know any of them. No response to removing me from the group. It was driving me crazy. I just hope that all those blocked #s (23 of them!!) carry over when I get a new phone.