To all ex-smokers, what actually worked to help you quit smoking?

• Replies:12
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 20, 2016, 2:20:16 PM via Website

... or hasn't worked so far

• Forum posts: 1,022

Dec 9, 2019, 12:00:41 AM via Website

Cold turkey. Four or five days of nervousness and then after 40 Years I was a free man.

• Forum posts: 15

Dec 25, 2019, 4:18:40 PM via Website

This is until the first deadline at work when the nerves just burn for everyone. If you smoke, bro, then the hand itself reaches for a cigarette at that moment. They say vaping helps reduce cravings for nicotine.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Dec 25, 2019, 10:39:40 PM via Website

Vaping is just as bad or even worse than smoking, studies are showing . the only way to quit is cold turkey everything else is just a waste of money. Only when you have the true desire to quit will you succeed.

marco sarli

• Forum posts: 9

Feb 19, 2020, 7:31:01 AM via Website

My wife, hah!
But really, when you really want to quit you will, quitting for others never works, work on your personal growth, and at some point you will drop the cigs.

• Forum posts: 13

Mar 9, 2020, 11:31:45 AM via Website

I started when I was 15 and quit a year later because I was already up to 10-15 per day. I quit suddenly as, when I was having coffee with a friend, I didn't realize that I was chainsmoking and had about 17 I think in an hour and a half. When I got up on my feet to leave, I instantly fell back on the chair and felt nauseous. For 3 years I didn't touch one cigarette, but then, when I was 19, I started smoking again. Woefully, to this day I haven't managed to quit, although I tried a few times. Maybe next time I literally collapse because of the 'burning sticks' I'll quit again and this time stop taking up the nasty habit all over. But honestly, if you don't have your mind set on quitting, I think it's impossible to do it, no matter how many tricks you try.

• Forum posts: 18

Apr 9, 2020, 8:05:59 PM via Website

I personally do not smoke, however my father says he quited smoking just because he hadn't already received any pleasure from this thing. Just your psychology works here.

• Forum posts: 18

Dec 9, 2020, 8:42:13 AM via Website

There must be a real desire to quit this habit. I haven't come to this yet.

• Forum posts: 5

Dec 10, 2020, 2:09:30 PM via Website

I want to quit but so far I have replaced electronic cigarette. I know it is very unhealty...but what can I do...

• Forum posts: 6

Dec 28, 2020, 6:51:54 PM via Website

I read Allen Carr's book Easy Way to Stop Smoking

• Forum posts: 27

Jan 31, 2022, 3:52:37 PM via Website

I used to have a really hard time without smoking. And it's not just me for cigarettes. What helped me quit smoking was this buy pure cbd oil from cbd magic at https://cbdmagic.ca/. I started using these oils to good effect. They helped me get over my addiction. Now I only use these oils when I am depressed and want to calm down.

— modified on Feb 16, 2022, 1:27:00 PM

• Forum posts: 32

Jun 24, 2022, 10:38:39 PM via Website

I quit smoking about two years ago. After multiple tries, I finally understood that it was better to quit suddenly. I thought about taking Chantix, but having checked the info about it on the Canada Drugs site, I found out that patients have reported a great number of neuropsychiatric side effects, so I decided not to take it. Every time I wanted to smoke, I started playing my favorite game, called a friend, or ate something, I mean I did everything not to think about smoking. It took some time but I got used to it.

— modified on Jun 28, 2022, 1:02:07 PM

• Forum posts: 3

Jul 18, 2022, 2:34:43 PM via Website

it works for me too!