To all ex-smokers, what actually worked to help you quit smoking?

• Replies:10
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 20, 2016, 2:20:16 PM via Website

... or hasn't worked so far

• Forum posts: 1

Oct 10, 2016, 8:19:37 PM via Website

I had a habit of smoking 15 Marlboros daily until the day I suffered a massive heart attack. I was lucky to have my son at home. He carried me to the nearby hospital within 10 minutes and doctors were able to save my life. Doctors told me to quit smoking. I couldn't do this because of severe addiction to cigarettes. Then, I came across of an app called quit smoking slowly.
Its an app that helps you cut down the number of cigz you smoke. You have to follow the guidelines and within few weeks, you'll find that your addiction is vanishing day by day.

Here's the play store link and a review of the app:

bestappsguru.com/best-quit-smoking-apps/

play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.motivebite.smokefree.free&hl=en

Hope you find my experience and suggestion useful.

• Forum posts: 1,049

Dec 9, 2019, 12:00:41 AM via Website

Cold turkey. Four or five days of nervousness and then after 40 Years I was a free man.

• Forum posts: 8

Dec 25, 2019, 4:18:40 PM via Website

This is until the first deadline at work when the nerves just burn for everyone. If you smoke, bro, then the hand itself reaches for a cigarette at that moment. They say vaping helps reduce cravings for nicotine.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Dec 25, 2019, 10:39:40 PM via Website

Vaping is just as bad or even worse than smoking, studies are showing . the only way to quit is cold turkey everything else is just a waste of money. Only when you have the true desire to quit will you succeed.

marco sarli

• Forum posts: 9

Feb 19, 2020, 7:31:01 AM via Website

My wife, hah!
But really, when you really want to quit you will, quitting for others never works, work on your personal growth, and at some point you will drop the cigs.

• Forum posts: 14

Mar 9, 2020, 11:31:45 AM via Website

I started when I was 15 and quit a year later because I was already up to 10-15 per day. I quit suddenly as, when I was having coffee with a friend, I didn't realize that I was chainsmoking and had about 17 I think in an hour and a half. When I got up on my feet to leave, I instantly fell back on the chair and felt nauseous. For 3 years I didn't touch one cigarette, but then, when I was 19, I started smoking again. Woefully, to this day I haven't managed to quit, although I tried a few times. Maybe next time I literally collapse because of the 'burning sticks' I'll quit again and this time stop taking up the nasty habit all over. But honestly, if you don't have your mind set on quitting, I think it's impossible to do it, no matter how many tricks you try.

• Forum posts: 18

Apr 9, 2020, 8:05:59 PM via Website

I personally do not smoke, however my father says he quited smoking just because he hadn't already received any pleasure from this thing. Just your psychology works here.

• Forum posts: 14

May 28, 2020, 3:24:33 AM via Website

I started smoking in 10th class and I did it in order to be a tough guy and not to be included in the list of nerds. Honestly, I did it forcibly and I did not like cigarettes at all, but I had no other choice. I was very happy when I found out about vapes. In the end it became fashionable. Now I constantly smoked vape and it brought me real pleasure and soon I completely abandoned these terrible cigarettes. It seems to me that nothing could be better than delicious liquids that I wanted to buy vape liquid from https://www.aquavape.co.uk.

— modified on May 31, 2020, 4:48:01 PM

• Forum posts: 16

Jun 2, 2020, 5:02:04 PM via Website

I've been smoking for almost 10 years. Cigarettes contain nicotine, which is highly addictive. Even if you want to quit smoking, you may find it difficult because you're addicted to the effects of nicotine. https://addictionresource.com/ - they helped me to stop smoking. I haven't smoked for 2.5 years already. It was very hard but I stopped.

Recommended by NextPit