To all ex-smokers, what actually worked to help you quit smoking?

• Replies:14
Michael Atkins
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 20, 2016, 2:20:16 PM via Website

... or hasn't worked so far

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Dec 9, 2019, 12:00:41 AM via Website

Cold turkey. Four or five days of nervousness and then after 40 Years I was a free man.

Madeline
  • Forum posts: 15

Dec 25, 2019, 4:18:40 PM via Website

This is until the first deadline at work when the nerves just burn for everyone. If you smoke, bro, then the hand itself reaches for a cigarette at that moment. They say vaping helps reduce cravings for nicotine.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 499

Dec 25, 2019, 10:39:40 PM via Website

Vaping is just as bad or even worse than smoking, studies are showing . the only way to quit is cold turkey everything else is just a waste of money. Only when you have the true desire to quit will you succeed.

90 Minutemarco sarli

quicksilver
  • Forum posts: 9

Feb 19, 2020, 7:31:01 AM via Website

My wife, hah!
But really, when you really want to quit you will, quitting for others never works, work on your personal growth, and at some point you will drop the cigs.

90 Minute

Bradley_H14
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 9, 2020, 11:31:45 AM via Website

I started when I was 15 and quit a year later because I was already up to 10-15 per day. I quit suddenly as, when I was having coffee with a friend, I didn't realize that I was chainsmoking and had about 17 I think in an hour and a half. When I got up on my feet to leave, I instantly fell back on the chair and felt nauseous. For 3 years I didn't touch one cigarette, but then, when I was 19, I started smoking again. Woefully, to this day I haven't managed to quit, although I tried a few times. Maybe next time I literally collapse because of the 'burning sticks' I'll quit again and this time stop taking up the nasty habit all over. But honestly, if you don't have your mind set on quitting, I think it's impossible to do it, no matter how many tricks you try.

LokySol3
  • Forum posts: 18

Apr 9, 2020, 8:05:59 PM via Website

I personally do not smoke, however my father says he quited smoking just because he hadn't already received any pleasure from this thing. Just your psychology works here.

90 Minute

Janet Locane
  • Forum posts: 18

Dec 9, 2020, 8:42:13 AM via Website

There must be a real desire to quit this habit. I haven't come to this yet.

Mikealo90
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 10, 2020, 2:09:30 PM via Website

I want to quit but so far I have replaced electronic cigarette. I know it is very unhealty...but what can I do...

greyssy
  • Forum posts: 8

Dec 28, 2020, 6:51:54 PM via Website

I read Allen Carr's book Easy Way to Stop Smoking

Noah526
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 29, 2022, 1:57:35 PM via Website

I tried to quit a lot of times, I used all sorts of patches and candy with nicotine. But nothing helped, but I can give you my advice that you just need to reduce the dose of cigarettes you smoke every day, then it is easier to quit.

evald4
  • Forum posts: 2

Jan 12, 2023, 4:50:25 PM via Website

I'm trying to quit smoking I'm trying all the ways but unfortunately I can't quit but I would love to

John Roberts
  • Forum posts: 3

Apr 24, 2023, 10:10:37 PM via Website

I also tried. Tried all options but still no results.

90 Minute
  • Forum posts: 2

Apr 27, 2023, 7:50:47 PM via Website

I started smoking in 1983 and smoked about two cigarettes in the morning with my coffee. When life became more stressful in the 1990s, I ramped up my intake to a couple of packs a day. Benson & Hedges Menthol was my preference until I found out how poisonous its ingredients are. So I switched to Natural American Spirit Menthol. I smoked that for a year or so until one morning in 2003 I realized what a disgusting habit smoking is and put out my cigarette mid-smoke, cold turkey. It was no trouble to quit. I think the addiction I had to B&H was due to the additives. The natural cigarettes helped my body say NO MORE. Made it easy never to pick one up again. Good luck to you!

Frank Nieves
  • Forum posts: 4

Aug 10, 2023, 9:52:17 AM via Website

At first I decided to switch to vaping. I stopped buying cigarettes, but I was vaping a lot. I realized this habit was happening because I had nothing to occupy myself with. So I decided to occupy myself with video games, specifically Apex Legends, and I don't crave smoking anymore.