How to Recover Deleted Photos on Android

• Replies:73
susangreen
  • Forum posts: 16

Nov 20, 2018, 4:42:31 AM via Website

With a Google account:
1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google photo album app.
2. In the top left corner, tap Menu and then Trash.
3. Touch and hold the photo or video you want to restore.
4. Click "Restore" at the bottom. The photo or video will be returned.
In addition, you can find many other methods on Google.(*)

Edit by Admin: Link to external site removed.

— modified on Nov 30, 2018, 12:47:52 PM by moderator

tony.dsouza
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 20, 2018, 7:17:02 AM via Website

Some phones have file called recently deleted photos (kind of recycle bin) which has deleted photos and videos which can be restored or use recuva app. It's a free tool to recover deleted photos.

— modified on Nov 20, 2018, 7:18:35 AM

Alex John

Alex John
  • Forum posts: 12

Nov 20, 2018, 2:55:30 PM via Website

There is a PAID tool i found it useful when my mobile data got lost unintentionally, that is (Dr.Fone by Wondershare) you may use it's trial version to backup your's files. Meanwhile you may check PHOTOS in your google account may be you have saved settings of saving images automatically to your google account.
Hope you'd get your files back

Olivia331
  • Forum posts: 90

Jan 26, 2019, 3:17:38 AM via Website

I know 2 methods.
You can access them from backed up files.
If not,data recover program can scan your deleted photos and recover them.

Ashraful99
  • Forum posts: 50

Feb 24, 2019, 8:21:28 PM via Website

Yes!
Obviously, there are many different ways to recover the deleted photos back in the gallery.
Here below some guides, you can read here: On AndroidPit the guide to recover your Android photos

However, there are many ways to get back your photos after deleted.

Cora
  • Forum posts: 46

Mar 4, 2019, 9:16:17 AM via Website

It is pretty common to delete files from Android phone by mistake when operating your device. And many recovery programs are available on the market to help you restore lost Android pictures. While, the key point is how we can find the right one to completely recover deleted photos on Android phone without loss or any harm to the device. In addition, you should keep in mind that any new data shouldn't be added to your Android phone before getting your lost pictures back. Otherwise, you are likely to lose your precious photos forever.

I'd like to recommend you Android Photo Recovery , which has been widely recognized as the most practical tool to recover deleted photos on Android phone. After working this software on your computer, it will thoroughly scan your Android mobile phone. Soon the whole lost files will be recovered.

alice434
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 4, 2019, 10:32:21 AM via Website

Thanks for the information.

alanrogger007
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 4, 2019, 10:42:22 AM via Website

To recover deleted photos you can go to the trash folder to recover.

Alisawangly
  • Forum posts: 83

Apr 2, 2019, 9:50:58 AM via Website

Yes we have many methods to recover deleted photos from Android, if you have google backup, and turn on the sync settings, your photos in Android will be synced to google backup. So don't worry when you have deleted Android photos.
But when you don't use backup tool in daily life,you can use Android Data Recovery tool to deep detect your phone, when deleted photos can be detected by the tool, you can recover deleted photos from Android directly.
Just connect your Android to computer, allow USB debugging to let tool to detect your phone deeply. The tool will scan you phone, from the scan result, you can see if your deleted photos appeared.

Good luck

liza7278
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 11, 2019, 8:30:49 AM via Website

Install one of the data recovery apps from the Internet.

Stanley Norman
  • Forum posts: 5

May 11, 2019, 5:26:39 PM via Website

I also have this recovery issue.

mobiletechehlp
  • Forum posts: 2

May 20, 2019, 11:33:26 PM via Website

Does any of this by any chance have to relate to bypass google account - techeligible.com/2019/02/25/bypass-google-account/ ,or not ? if it does then i believe i can help on resolving that matter.

Shakeel
  • Forum posts: 14

Jul 7, 2019, 3:57:09 PM via Website

I tried many cr*** softwares but all of them are full of bugs and viruses. Now, i forget those deleted photos too :(

Stanley Norman

Sep 14, 2019, 4:47:26 PM via Website

If you have ever backed up your Android device with your google account, you can get them back via your google account.

kristencstpierre

Oct 31, 2019, 4:24:25 AM via Website

recova software app is best for andriod photo recovery

TashaKPope
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 31, 2019, 8:28:44 PM via Website

I like to visit the real forums

cheelen

Feb 23, 2020, 6:52:55 PM via Website

I've tried using Recuva but can't recover my photos.

Tom Tommsen
  • Forum posts: 13

Jun 2, 2020, 4:50:51 PM via Website

Same shit!

mariaalopez
  • Forum posts: 6

Aug 15, 2020, 3:07:36 PM via Website

Your pictures might disappear from the gallery due to several unexpected causes like OS upgrading, mistakenly deleting, OS malfunction, phone jailbreak, and many more. But you know, if your photos get deleted from the phone gallery app then, those files directly go to the trash or bin. From there, you can easily recover those photos from the trash within 60 days. All the very best to you…

— modified on Aug 15, 2020, 3:08:55 PM

Stewart

Sep 2, 2020, 4:16:04 AM via Website

I do not believe any software could really get back the files you deleted.

tom Sam
  • Forum posts: 20

Apr 22, 2021, 4:14:44 PM via Website

You can check Recently deleted folder first, if you can't find the photos, you can see the backup, else you can try the Android recovery tool to scan internal memory to get photo back.

Nixpixr
  • Forum posts: 3

Oct 20, 2021, 8:49:26 AM via Website

If your photos were stored on an SD card, then I recommend connecting the media to a PC. You can scan a memory card using special software such as Uneraser. This is the best way to recover photos and other deleted data.

— modified on Oct 30, 2021, 12:42:44 AM

Grace Hopper

Dec 1, 2022, 4:30:38 PM via Website

Last time, when I accidentally deleted gallery, that time I was very sad for a moment, then I called my friend to do something, because my pictures are really important for me. He suggested me a tool called recuva - It's a free data recovery tool. Its is simple to use. So you can also try this tool.

— modified on Dec 1, 2022, 4:31:21 PM

Mark Dayal

Nov 16, 2023, 9:18:40 PM via Website

I was using a Huwaei Y6s Android device. I have all the contacts, pictures, and other data on my mobile. Once, my mobile got faulty, and I tried to get it repaired locally, but it was not active. So, I was depressed. I was particularly worried about the contact numbers.
After 6 months, I got an email from Huwaei Cloud saying that they would remove my data as I had not used the device for 6 months. It was a very pleasing surprise for me. I logged in to the cloud account using my credentials and found all my data on the cloud. I downloaded all the data from the cloud.
It all happened because when I bought Huwaei Y6s, I set up a Huwaei cloud account. So, all of my data was stored in the Huwaei cloud, not in my Google account. This was a very pleasing moment for me.