Samsung Galaxy S5 — Phone stuck in manual recovery mode - with power button broken

• Replies:5
Matt Lewis
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 22, 2015, 2:55:39 PM via Website

Hello,

I recently rooted my samsung s5 (odin and CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedv-smg900i.tar) to try and troubleshoot my power button not working, as when I restarted before root, it would work for a minute then stop. But after rooting i accidentally restarted my phone with a power manager app in recovery mode and now I can not connect to my phone via odin. The closet image i could get is this imgur.com/MiGuKGz and on the top of the text in red it has:

Android System recovery <3e>
KIT49H.G900IDVU1ANC

Volume up/down to move highlight
power button to select

Please help

Jan deboer
  • Forum posts: 5

Nov 22, 2015, 6:58:01 PM via Website

But can you boot into android?

Matt Lewis
  • Forum posts: 2

Nov 22, 2015, 9:05:09 PM via Website

what do you mean by that?

Pretty much what happens i take the battery out to turn it off, then To turn it on you have to plug it into power and quickly take the battery out and put it back in while unpluging the cord and pluging it back in, But as soon as i plug the phone in it boots straight into recovery mode.

Jan deboer

Nov 23, 2015, 2:51:12 PM via Website

Well if that is the case the only solution is to install the original software with Odin

Jan deboer

Nov 23, 2015, 2:54:53 PM via Website

Oh i understand, well you have to flash a recovery with touch support

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Nov 24, 2015, 2:57:05 PM via Website

Have you tried to perform a Hard Reset by holding the power button and volume up button together? If you haven't try to do it.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"