Featured app on playstore

• Replies:4
varun goyal
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 4, 2015, 5:08:37 AM via Website

Hi Team

Please let me know how to get the app featured on Play store, I am not talking about editorial pick, I am talking about when the app appears on top in search and it have Ad written on it

Br

Paulie Pham
  • Forum posts: 97

Sep 4, 2015, 5:38:06 AM via Website

App featured on Play store has 2 characteristics:
- It has a lot of installs
- It has the longest interactive time with users. Usual the time is counted from the moment you install it to 7 days afterwards. if you have 1 million installs but no one open your app in 7 first days it not gonna be featured there.

varun goyal
  • Forum posts: 3

Sep 4, 2015, 5:51:03 AM via Website

hi Paulie

So does not mean , its not a paid service ?
So it does not carry any relevance for the new app uploads who just uploaded their app !!

Br

Paulie Pham
  • Forum posts: 97

Sep 4, 2015, 6:02:10 AM via Website

Hi Varun,

There are services for that. It is called incentivized advertising. People are rewarded to do things for your app (such as installing, opening, playing for 5 mins everyday, etc.). You will need pay an App promoting agencies (one who has a large number of users who are eager for their rewards), they will provide you with those rewarded action. This service is much cheaper than organic advertising - where app promoting agencies help you to find "real" users.

Br

— modified on Sep 4, 2015, 6:23:37 AM

Marshall
  • Forum posts: 16

Oct 12, 2015, 5:05:35 PM via Website

Although the user install counts, It's really about how much users use ur app....the interactive time...for example check my friend's app called wallet(by hiten vasnanI) on Google play..it only has 50+ thousand downloads, but was once featured in the top apps....this is because its a budget tracking app and people spend a lot of time with it...consider this insight...

— modified on Oct 12, 2015, 5:06:54 PM