LG G3 Cat.6 — G3 D855 keeps crashing with no power cable

• Replies:3
George Emery
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 18, 2015, 8:59:24 AM via Website

Hey guys,

About a month ago my LG g3 would randomly crash, i noticed it happened more on apps such as snapchat and the camera (default) but then started to happen when just on chrome and other random apps. in the last week this got a lot more frequent and started occurring at least 10 times a day, again mostly in camera apps but also on others.

Yesterday i tried fixing it by installing the newest android update - lollypop? I also uninstalled snapchat as it was crashing my phone constantly. Crashes were still occurring so i updated all my apps. After this my phone wouldn't even load, it would crash and then just loop in the LG logo bootup.

It did this for about an hour with no luck till i plugged it in to the wall. It then worked absolutely perfectly and has done since. But when i take it out of the wall it will crash within about 3 minutes of normal usage or about 10 seconds from opening the camera.

I then backed up my data and performed a factory reset. After this i am still experiencing the exact same problem. Fine when plugged into the wall but when its not plugged in it doesn't last 1 minute.

I have searched the internet and can find similar problems but no definitive fix, please could anyone advise? Thanks!!!

S Hyde

Apr 12, 2016, 5:34:03 PM via Website

Hi
I've had exactly the same problem BUT with a twist...
I've had my G3 for 18 months with no probs until...
I live in UK, went to France in February and this problem started. Came back to UK - it was OK again.
Just been back to France, random crashes.
Came back to UK this weekend - working perfectly!

I have also done factory resets whilst in France and also replaced the battery after my first visit.

Any ideas much appreciated!

Harry Gillian

May 23, 2016, 9:18:44 PM via Website

Did you ever find out what to do about the problem??? Mine is doing the exact same thing!!! Was wondering if a new battery will fix it??? Idk

pentel
  • Forum posts: 251

May 23, 2016, 10:42:46 PM via Website

Harry Gillian

Did you ever find out what to do about the problem??? Mine is doing the exact same thing!!! Was wondering if a new battery will fix it??? Idk

A new battery is worth investigating.

@George Emery wrote "Fine when plugged into the wall but when its not plugged in it doesn't last 1 minute". This suggest the problem has something to do with the power and is certainly worth a try to check out the battery.