Android multiplayer possibilities?

• Replies:0
Tim Pize
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 23, 2015, 3:51:50 PM via Website

Hello.

I've developed a multiplayer fighting game for Windows using the program GameMaker, that I'd like to port on Android. But I'm wondering if it's a good idea, because I'm not sure Android systems are good for multiplayer. I'm quite new to the Android world.

On one hand, I could simply put the offline multiplayer on a single screen, but are there actual Android tablets, phones, or other devices, which allow multiple controllers? I heard that the Ouya does it, but then it makes it lag apparently, plus I'm not sure the console sold well enough for me to bother with it yet. (angel)

I could also use an online mode, but then the problem is that I heard it's really hard to make it work on Android. I already had a lot of trouble implementing it for Windows, as it is a fast paced game with peer to peer connection, but on Android it looks like a whole new level of complexity, with IP addresses suddenly changing, etc. I'd like to hear some experimented people's opinions before getting into this, to see if it's more feasible than I think. Do people play online a lot on Android anyway?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can guide me. :)