Dual android OS

• Replies:19
Sonam Jain
  • Forum posts: 27

Jun 17, 2015, 8:29:44 AM via Website

Hello Guys,

Can anyone tell me that how to use dual OS in android mobile ?

Thanks in Advance !!

damponting44

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jun 17, 2015, 11:01:37 AM via Website

It depends on your phone and what type of development there is for your phone. The easiest method is to use Multirom: it's available for Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z (yuga), ZL(odin), Z1(honami), Z1 Compact (amami), Z Ultra(togari), Z2("sirius") and Z3, Motorola Moto G (1st gen) and HTC One M7 and M8, Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505), ZTE V5 RedBull (X9180) and HTC One X) as it's updated regularly (the latest update has android M compatibility) and relatively simple to use. You also need a compatible kernel (available from the relevant xda forum for your device) and obviously rom/os zips to apply. It basically alters TWRP custom recovery to allow adding several rom .img files to the phones system data partition so you can run each rom separately. You can use different versions of android (I have 5.1.1 and the M preview) or add different os's like ubuntu, firefox OS, and Sailfish OS but they have to be ported to your device(officially or not).

Sinkster

damponting44Sonam Jain

Abhinav
  • Forum posts: 76

Jun 18, 2015, 7:51:38 AM via App

Any method for Moto e 1st gen for multi rom ?

damponting44

Sonam Jain

Jun 19, 2015, 10:37:46 AM via Website

sinkster

It depends on your phone and what type of development there is for your phone. The easiest method is to use Multirom: it's available for Nexus 7 (2012 & 2013), Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6, OnePlus One, Sony Xperia Z (yuga), ZL(odin), Z1(honami), Z1 Compact (amami), Z Ultra(togari), Z2("sirius") and Z3, Motorola Moto G (1st gen) and HTC One M7 and M8, Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9505), ZTE V5 RedBull (X9180) and HTC One X) as it's updated regularly (the latest update has android M compatibility) and relatively simple to use. You also need a compatible kernel (available from the relevant xda forum for your device) and obviously rom/os zips to apply. It basically alters TWRP custom recovery to allow adding several rom .img files to the phones system data partition so you can run each rom separately. You can use different versions of android (I have 5.1.1 and the M preview) or add different os's like ubuntu, firefox OS, and Sailfish OS but they have to be ported to your device(officially or not).

I have Xperia T2 Ultra Dual.
Could you tell the procedure for this please ?

damponting44

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 267

Jun 20, 2015, 4:33:50 AM via Website

Abhinav

Good question! I need to know this.

damponting44

Abhinav

Jun 20, 2015, 5:23:18 AM via App

Rosa Rio

Abhinav

Good question! I need to know this.

I also need to know 😇

Varun Dhawan
  • Forum posts: 7

Jun 23, 2015, 10:42:17 AM via Website

I want to know this also.

Also can be install Two android OS Version like the one is Kitkat and second one is Lollipop ?

stom70044

Jun 24, 2015, 1:35:48 PM via Website

Very good question.

I also would be like to do the same.

damponting44

sinkster

Jun 24, 2015, 2:16:31 PM via Website

There is a dev who has ported it to the Moto E here, though it's still at v28.

— modified on Jun 24, 2015, 2:44:40 PM

Sinkster

sinkster

Jul 1, 2015, 11:42:38 AM via Website

There is just enough to run 2 roms, though development for the Moto E has stopped just now. It's at v28, which means there's no Lollipop compatibility (a lollipop rom may flash but there will be issues). I'd advise using a minimal Gapps package like banks or the version from Euroskank and then add extra Google apps via the play store.

Sinkster

Sonam Jain

Jul 10, 2015, 8:28:18 AM via Website

It means moto E is not likely to update with lollipop ?

sinkster

Jul 10, 2015, 10:53:06 AM via Website

The thread is about Multirom which is a mod/app giving the ability to have 2 or more different roms on your phone. The latest official Multirom is v32, which adds compatibility for Android M, but the Moto E stable version is still at v28 which is only really KitKat compatible. There's an experimental v31, but it's not stable. So even though the Moto E already has lollipop, multirom will only work with KitKat roms.

Sinkster

Piyush jain
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 10, 2015, 11:52:06 AM via Website

According to me It totally depend on the phone. Thanks for sharing such a valuable post. Keep posting such topics further also. Source: SIMpalm

damponting44

Abhinav

Jul 12, 2015, 4:57:24 PM via App

thanks a lot for such a informative info

— modified on Jul 12, 2015, 4:57:56 PM

damponting44

Piyush jain
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 28, 2015, 4:23:52 PM via Website

Steps to Install Windows 7 on Android Mobile/Tablet:
1. To install windows 7 in Android we need “Change My Software 7 Edition”. Click on the below link to Download Change My Software 7 Edition.
2. Connect Android device to your computer.
3. After connecting the mobile/tab to your computer, run the “Change My Software” in your computer.
4. To install windows 7 on android choose “Android > windows 7″.
5. Check your device is connected and working properly. After checking click on “continue”.
6. Selecting your language is very important so pay attention when your selecting the language
7. After selecting your language, windows 7 and the drivers of windows 7 will start downloading.
8. Downloading will take some time so wait till the completion of downloading
9. After downloading the file click on the “Install” button without removing Android Operating system.
10. You will get Windows 7 and Android Operating systems(dual boot) when you boot your device.
11. After clicking the install button don’t remove your device in any case.
12. If you remove your device, you will lose your warranty so leave two operating systems until the process completion.
13. Now the process of installing windows 7 will start on your Android device so be cool until the completion of all features and files.
14. After completion of installation process your device will reboot automatically.
15. Choose an operating system to start the booting of windows 7 or android OS.
That’s all now you will have both windows 7 and android operating systems on your device. Boot windows or android operating system any time you want as per your needs.

Sonam Jain

Aug 17, 2015, 7:24:09 AM via Website

Much appreciated info you did share but I am talking about Android OS like one would be KitKat and one should be Lollipop.

damponting44
  • Forum posts: 70

Oct 10, 2016, 7:07:35 AM via Website

Ventures to Install Windows 7 on Android Mobile/Tablet:

1. To introduce windows 7 in Android we require "Change My Software 7 Edition". Tap on the underneath connection to Download Change My Software 7 Edition.

2. Associate Android gadget to your PC.

3. In the wake of interfacing the versatile/tab to your PC, run the "Change My Software" in your PC.

4. To introduce windows 7 on android pick "Android > windows 7″.

5. Check your gadget is associated and working appropriately. In the wake of checking snap on "proceed".

6. Selecting your dialect is essential so focus when you're selecting the dialect

7. In the wake of selecting your dialect, windows 7 and the drivers of windows 7 will begin downloading.

8. Downloading will take some time so hold up till the fruition of downloading

9. In the wake of downloading the document tap on the "Introduce" catch without expelling Android Operating framework.

10. You will get Windows 7 and Android Operating systems(dual boot) when you boot your gadget.

11. Subsequent to tapping the introduce catch don't expel your gadget regardless.

12. On the off chance that you expel your gadget, you will lose your guarantee so leave two working frameworks until the procedure fulfillment.

13. Presently the way toward introducing windows 7 will begin on your Android gadget so be cool until the fruition of all components and records.

14. After finish of establishment process your gadget will reboot naturally.

15. Pick a working framework to begin the booting of windows 7 or android OS.

That is all now you will have both windows 7 and android working frameworks on your gadget. Boot windows or android working framework whenever you need according to your requirements.

Dkw
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 26, 2019, 3:41:46 PM via Website

Stop speading lies...
If you want windows 10 get the arm sources and build for your own device..

TashaKPope
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 31, 2019, 8:38:43 PM via Website

My phone is iPhone 7 and it is giving some problems from last some days. What should I do