Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — S4 Active storage for external sd card?

• Replies:1
D.Mason
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 1, 2015, 12:57:35 AM via Website

Hi folks,

Was curious if someone could help me out with my external storage for my s4 active. The device storage itself is completly full to the point I can't update the software. I am still running android version 4.4.2 at the moment. But when I try to transfer pictures or music to my external sd card the music won't play and the pictures will not move. Any suggestions on why this might be happening? Thanks for any info yall.

David A. Lefebvre
  • Forum posts: 3

Jun 1, 2015, 6:16:50 PM via Website

Afraid you've been smitten by the S4 Active hex. This phone has go to be the biggest mistake Samsung has ever made and if I knew the limitations this phone has I'd have never gotten it. I'd gladly trade it in for the standard S4 if I had the opportunity.
To your problem . .. . . . . . . . seems the S4 active and version 4.4.1 and 4.4.2 do not get along very well. We can't root the phone to get some other ROM to work around the problem so the only solution is to find an app that helps you trick the system.
I've found two apps that have given me a great deal of relief as far as moving apps and data to the external SD card. The first is called "CLEAN DROID". Once you install and start it there is an option to unlock or free the SD card to accept moving apps to it and free up your storage on your internal SD. The second is called "ES FILE EXPLORER" . . . . using the USB cord that came with your phone, which allows data transfer and not just charging capabilities found with after market cords, you can transfer files/data from your phone to your PC and back. It opens your external SD card for file/data transfer and I've got my music and pictures stored on the external card as well as lots of game data.

I don't know how it all works in the grand scheme of things but with this software version, which we will never get an update for by the way, and this crappy phone with it's limitations, these two apps have made it tolerable to own the S4 active.

Good luck.