Samsung Galaxy S4 Active — Numbers on display (when screen is locked) have disappeared

• Replies:2
Gina Gen
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 26, 2015, 2:54:52 PM via Website

Hi,

I don't know if it is related to the lollipop upgrade, but right after I did it, the screen which appears when the phone locks has started loosing the numbers (both those needed to type in the pin and those for date / hour). The numbers have been replaced by small white blocks.

Really weird, because once I unlock the phone everything else works (except for the other lollipop bugs that need fixing).

Has anyone experienced that?

Patrizia

Todd Seitz
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 12, 2015, 12:59:33 AM via Website

I have the same problem. How do you fix it?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jul 12, 2015, 1:24:05 AM via Website

Power down your phone first, then press and hold the power button, volume up and the home button until your phone boots into recovery. Use the volume rocker to select 'Wipe Cache'. Press the power button to execute it and give it a few moments to clear the cache. Then, use the volume rocker to highlight 'Reboot System', press the power button and it will reboot. Use your phone for a while and it should go back to normal. You may need to repeat this every so often, it's a bug in Samsungs' version of Lollipop. For a change.

Sinkster