Samsung Galaxy S5 — Why should I root my S5?

• Replies:20
Jim Robson
  • Forum posts: 15

Apr 22, 2015, 4:32:13 AM via Website

I'm a regular user of my S5 and I love it as it is. I am wondering if there is any advantage to rooting my phone. I like my provider (Verizon) and don't plan on changing. Thanks, Jim

itseriestech

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 22, 2015, 2:43:41 PM via Website

Normally the simplest reason for rooting is to remove OEM bloatware installed on top of android by the manufacturer and carrier while the other extreme is to be able to flash custom ROMs and kernels or even different OS's. If you're happy with your phone the way it is then don't root it 😉

Sinkster

David G.
  • Forum posts: 7

Apr 22, 2015, 6:12:50 PM via Website

I rooted my Sprint S5 for several reasons but here are the top 5.
1.) I wanted to be able to use WiFi hotspot without being charged for the data twice. (Sprint has draconian data provisioning that bills you for your overall data and then bills you on top of that for that same data being used as a WiFi hotspot....totally unfair/crooked/unethical).
2.) I "do not want" Lolipoop 5.X until it is cleaned up and won't break my phone; 4.4.4 Kitkat is great the way it is....rooting was the only way to prevent Sprint from automatically pushing an OTA at "their discretion" not mine.
3.) Clean sweep and other maintenance tools can do much more with root permissions allowing me to make my phone work much better, (longer battery, runs cooler, runs faster, better signal, all around more efficient data consumption, etc.)
4.) As root I can prevent apps from auto-starting.re-starting and I can turn things off I don't want/use/need making my phone work even better.
5.) I can lock my phone down and make it much more secure from rogue apps and would be hackers. As root you can run adblockers and other security utilities that prevent a lot of that crap from ever getting installed or run in the first place.

Jim Robson
  • Forum posts: 15

Apr 22, 2015, 11:57:06 PM via Website

Thanks Sinkster and David G., I have already rooted a Galaxy Tab S2 so I'm not scared of doing it. But I just don't see a compelling reason right now fir my S5. I appreciate your responses. Jim

Nav

brian kolas
  • Forum posts: 9

Mar 15, 2016, 4:57:33 AM via Website

In my opinion, root is
.designed to unlock Android mobile device’s true potential. Rooted devices gives you the full control of your device by increasing its performance, changing fonts, boot animation, remove system data and many more.

It also allows you to customize the app and make it your own. You can change the entire look of it through theme settings, manage backups, access Android’s hidden testing menu, enable or disable boot animation and turn on/off camera shutter sounds. Usually root tools can root any android 2.2 upto android 4.4.For advance users, you can also configure sysctl.conf to maximize the device's performance.what’s more,it can reduce your battery consumption, reducing boot time and the phone’s load.

Thus,it is a
1.Real firewall, you can change the conections parameters to restrict some apps in your mobile data plan.
Hack Games, if you wanna grab some extras in purchase-in-apps, most of thems could be free.
3.When you data has lost,you should root before you use data recovery tool.

For some users, many of them are afraid of bricking their sets, so i suggest you choose one secure root tool to help you. I once used a named"iRoot" which is a free and simple tool.with just only one click.i get my Samsung rooted.

Riya Mukati
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 1, 2017, 10:56:33 AM via Website

Because rooting allows you to getting rid of all in built apps that are already in your phone which you can't uninstall directly. Thats why you need to root samsung galaxy S5.

Niky Shelfried
  • Forum posts: 11

Feb 1, 2017, 6:25:12 PM via Website

Riya Mukati

Because rooting allows you to getting rid of all in built apps that are already in your phone which you can't uninstall directly. Thats why you need to root samsung galaxy S5.

totaly agree with you

shariarkuasa
  • Forum posts: 12

Jul 16, 2017, 7:54:50 AM via Website

Benefits:

Remove bloatware: With root access you can completely remove any app that came pre-installed on your phone. Use it with caution though, if you remove an app that’s integral part of the system, chances are that you’ll soft-brick your phone.
Enable WiFi Hotspot: With root access you’d be able to bypass any carrier limitation and use your Galaxy S5 as wifi hotspot.
Performance Boost: Removing bloatware alone should give you good performance boost and increased battery life.
Flash Firmware updates: With root access you can easily flash official/leaked unofficial firmwares on your phone using some apps.

I hope the list above gave you a pretty good idea of benefits of rooting your Galaxy S5.

FYI: Rooting involves some serious risks too. It voids warranty and could soft-brick your Galaxy S5.

Card Code

Jul 16, 2017, 9:35:52 AM via Website

After Searching a lot I was not able to search on this method but i found Google Play Gift Card Code Generator FREE

Random User
  • Forum posts: 10

Jul 17, 2017, 11:56:23 AM via Website

There are many benefits of rooting your phone.

1. Installing Custom ROMs
    After rooting your device, you can flash a custom ROM or Kernel, which means you can have a new device.

2. Remove Preinstalled Crapware
    Manufacturer won’t allow you to uninstall those preinstalled apps on your device. Rooting a device can make them removed easily, which ensures a high running quality.

3. Blocking Ads in Any Apps
    Sick of the pop-up ads when playing games? A rooted device can remove this annoying ads immediately.

4. Install Incompatible Apps
    Some wonderful apps need the root access if you install them on your device. Root your phone, enjoy more apps.

5. Keep Latest Android OS
    A rooted Android can get the new OS months before the carrier releases the update, often along with a few bonus features.

6. Change Skin for your Android
    As you can see, there are only 3 to 4 default skin on your device to change. But if you root your phone and install the new ROMs, you can enjoy the customized and tweaked skins on your device.

7. Boost your Android Device’s Speed and Battery Life
    Some powerful apps like Greenify can close the useless applications automatically, which can effectively improve your device’s performance. Of course, Greenify needs root access.

8. Make Complete Backups of Your Android Phone or Tablet
    A unrooted Android phone can only backup some settings and apps of your device. Titanium can be used on rooted device to give you a complete backup.

In one word, rooting can make you be the master of your Android phone. You can automate everything on your Android device.

ANDROID BD
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 6, 2017, 4:29:02 PM via Website

If you have root access you can use some good apps like Lucky Patcher, Adaway etc. Which allow a user to block ads, modify apps and games, remove unwanted stock apps etc.
You can root your S5 with Kingroot 5.2.1 apk or kingo root 4.3.1 apk. Other alternatives are Framaroot and towelroot. Good luck!

itseriestech

JustinJack
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 5, 2019, 11:20:55 AM via Website

By rooting (aka gaining admin rights to) your Samsung Galaxy S5, you can install a custom ROM, run rooted apps, undervolt or overclock the processor and even remove all the bloatware your carrier put on the phone. Just keep in mind that there are some caveats to rooting Android phones in general that you should be aware of.

A popular programmer from the XDA developer forums named Chainfire created an exploit to gain root on several different versions of the Galaxy S5 including the T-Mobile, Sprint, and various international models (unfortunately, there's no way to root the AT&T or Verizon models yet). Just download the kit and use the included flashing program to flash his exploit and you'll be on your way to an entirely new world of custom modifications, tweaks, and ROMs. —

David Cogen

foxtech

Nov 15, 2019, 9:52:26 AM via Website

Really great post admin thanks for sharing this.

Saamhocks
  • Forum posts: 2

Mar 3, 2020, 12:53:40 PM via Website

I don't think so to root the android

Megamind

Apr 23, 2020, 11:14:59 AM via Website

Hi there

I wanted to find out if I could use WhatsApp mods on root device, it is possible

Megamind

Apr 23, 2020, 11:17:40 AM via Website

Please answer me if you could

marco sarli
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 1,011

Apr 23, 2020, 12:15:19 PM via Website

You can use any app on a rooted device. I would worry more about Whatsapp. It is well known that Whatsapp likes only its original app and regularly blocks any mod or non original app

itseriestech

itseriestech

May 3, 2020, 12:32:20 PM via Website

Hi, community,
I am a user of Galaxy A30s and I want to run lucky patcher apk. But nowadays my device goes to restart automatically. Can you guide me why it doing that. Thanks

george441
  • Forum posts: 40

May 3, 2020, 10:30:06 PM via Website

Where did you download the app from?

Ambreen Sheikh

Mar 5, 2021, 7:29:39 PM via Website

I Download this App From Uptodown Site

— modified on Mar 5, 2021, 7:31:00 PM

Ambreen Sheikh

Mar 5, 2021, 7:31:22 PM via Website