Solo Launcher

• Replies:4
Pedro Henriques
  • Forum posts: 3

Mar 29, 2015, 12:58:45 PM via Website

Hi,
I'm relevantly new to android since I only have the S5 a few months ago and only now I decided to start changing the look and feel of it.
I've read a few articles and opinions and decided to go with the Solo Launcher but now I have a few questions, maybe newb ones. First let me say I get the impression battery usage is way worst? Ok... in the first day normal because I was personalizing everything so it was normal. But I've charged my phone before I went to bed, unplugged when on 100% at 22.30PM, at 10AM the phone was on 15% battery! Note, I only started using the phone at 09.30!
I haven't changed the phone to new laucher complety yet. It's not default. When I push finger print button It still asks me which launcher to use. Maybe batter usage is worst because of that?
If I default Solo launch how can I revert to old lauch? Simply uninstalling Solo?
Final question. Which is really the best notifier to use? I've tested a couple. All have notifiers to on apps, others don't. Can't really decide which one.
Thanks all,
Pedro

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 29, 2015, 2:41:08 PM via Website

Check the battery stats first to see what is using the most battery. A launcher shouldn't be able to cause that much drain and it sounds like some kind of background sync that's maybe not completing, though you do have to remember that just installing another launcher doesn't stop the Touchwiz launcher from using ram/battery. If you aren't rooted you can't uninstall it, but you can disable it in settings/apps, alongside any of the other Samsung apps you don't need or use.

Sinkster

Pedro Henriques

Mar 29, 2015, 11:15:48 PM via Website

Sololauncher 56MB App usage. Guess this is not good... battery is media services with more usage but nothing special.

Pedro Henriques

Mar 30, 2015, 3:57:42 PM via Website

Hello,
There is definately something wrong with battery usage since I started using this laucher. Can't figure out what specifically. It's doable as I always have the charger with me.
Does Kies 3 still backups my phone if I use this launcher? And what about Google Now Launcher?
Thanks,
Pedro

— modified on Mar 30, 2015, 3:57:57 PM

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Mar 30, 2015, 5:19:28 PM via Website

I'm not familiar with Kies, but simply installing a launcher shouldn't change anything. It shouldn't affect the battery that much, in fact if you've disabled the Samsung launcher it should actually improve the battery life. Personally I prefer either Google now launcher or action launcher but you'd be better trying various ones yourself.

Sinkster