Samsung Galaxy S3 — Battery discharging like falling off a cliff

• Replies:2
Kathleen Nelson
  • Forum posts: 1

Feb 19, 2015, 12:38:51 PM via Website

SAMSUBG GALAXY S3 SCH-I535
ANDROID 4.4.2

About a month ago while trying to take a picture, everything froze. Then the battery wouldn't hold a charge and the camera icon on the home screen had little triangles/arrowheads flowing upward.

I replaced the battery but it still has the arrows (not all the time) and the battery drains precipitously - from charged to zero in a flash.

Any ideas?

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Feb 20, 2015, 1:48:33 PM via App

The arrows imply that images are being, or attempting to be, uploaded or synced(just a guess, I'm not familiar with Samsung). Check the settings on any media apps regarding backing up pictures/videos and temporarily turn off the backup to see if it makes a difference. I do know that there was an issue a while back where corrupted images would cause the system to continuously attempt an upload.

Sinkster

Irek Janek
  • Forum posts: 6

Feb 20, 2015, 3:47:52 PM via Website

The arrows came with one of the updates. The icon and the arrows allow you to unlock your phone straight into a camera mode. If you touch the camera icon and follow the direction of the arrows (in my case it's right bottom corner touch and slide up along the right hand edge) your phone unlocks and goes straight into the camera mode. As far as the battery drainage goes, you said your replaced your battery. Did you get a new one or you pulled it out and put it back in?