How To Implement In App Purchase To Unlock More Activities in Android.

  • Replies:1
  • OpenNot stickiedUnanswered
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 11, 2014, 6:54:19 PM via Website

I am developing an app I want to release for free. It has a list activity, an activity that plays midi file, and another activity that shows more detailed information about the item clicked on the list view.
A vivid picture is an app that shows lyrics of hymns. The Hymn Titles are in a list activity, then when clicked goes to an activity that display option to play the midi file, then when a button is clicked is clicked in the activity, goes to the activity that display the lyrics.

I want to implement In-app purchase to unlock 70% of both midi and lyric activity, while the remaining 30% goes for free.

Please, how will I go about this, code examples, ideas will be greatly appreciated. And do you think its better to develop both the free and paid version? . Please help.

  • Forum posts: 118

Nov 12, 2014, 10:47:24 AM via Website

Google Developers made a pretty easy-to-use API to use InApp Billing. Take a look here:

Please reply if you read it and will try it on your own or if you need more help :) I could eventually spit out an entire app for you with the possibility to use in app billing but you would learn nothing from doing that. So that's why I'm trying to push you on a road that will teach you how to do it yourself. I hope you can appreciate that :D

Recommended by NextPit