Inbox by Gmail: What are your thoughts on Google's new email app

• Replies:8
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Oct 24, 2014, 6:05:58 PM via Website

Has anybody managed to get a Google Inbox invite? And if so, what are your thoughts on the new email interface? Is it going to become another must-have app? I'm still waiting for an invite myself :(

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can read Kris's overview of it right here:

https://www.nextpit.com/inbox-by-gmail-invitations

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Oct 25, 2014, 3:54:54 AM via Website

John F.

Same here @Scott I am also waiting for an invite ! :( Kris is lucky one to get an invite at the first place ! :D

i am also waiting for an invite, soon or later i will have one

Ready To Help You.

jack pollard
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 25, 2014, 2:49:55 PM via Website

Hey all; When I saw the original email from Google, I think on Wed or Thurs, I immediately sent back a request. I received my invite on Fri and have been using it ever since. It's interesting, I'm still using Gmail as my main driver, but I've been trying to use Inbox a bit more. It bundles like emails under topics, so ad's and sales are bundled under Promos. You get the idea. I like the fact you can "snooze" an email and tell it to come back say when your at home, or at a particular time. I set a reminder for an email to show when I'm home and that worked pretty good. The only single issue so far is to trash an email, you have to do a dropdown, then trash. It should be on the main screen.
Anyway, hope you get your invite soon, the app had no way of sending additional invites or I would.

David McKenzie Sr.
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 25, 2014, 5:31:40 PM via Website

It's ridiculous that you have to have an invite with a google app, don't get it!

Bik Bar
  • Forum posts: 4

Oct 25, 2014, 7:27:40 PM via Website

What is so special about it?

thomas rinehart
  • Forum posts: 12

Oct 25, 2014, 7:43:17 PM via Website

Still waiting for the invite.

Martin Neal Burgess
  • Forum posts: 10

Oct 25, 2014, 10:03:21 PM via Website

Stupid idea. Just a gimick.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 26, 2014, 2:33:41 PM via App

Martin Neal Burgess

Stupid idea. Just a gimick.

Well, that's what I sometimes feel waiting for an invitation to test new things out (thinking) it feels like hell ! Anyway but I do understand that it's still under testing phase means they can't give it to everyone this early. I am also waiting for an invite, (Hope @Scott didn't see this (devil) ) when you get one do share one with me at the first palce. :D

— modified on Oct 26, 2014, 2:40:09 PM