restoring OS

• Replies:8
Joaquin Martinez
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 22, 2014, 3:14:13 AM via Website

Hi, I have a Samsung Note 2 running Android 4.3, this is a mexican phone that I took to a shop to unlock it as we moved to USA and wanted to keep using same phone with different carrier, as I'm not an android tech.

Since the unlock, internet network is not working properly, in US I bought a Tmobile sim card, everything works fine except network, it only works on H+ or E networks, I took it to a Tmobile shop and they told me that phone is not running on the correct version of OS, that I need to update it.

When I attempt to run software update it sends a message saying that the device was modified and there are no software update availables.

It seems that unlock was made thru a software patch and installing an application called SuperSU.

Phone doesn't allow me to desinstall the application.

Is there a way I can desinstall it? Or reinstalling all OS? I'm tired of having bad performance in network...

Please help me, if you know any other way to solve it, please let me know.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Oct 22, 2014, 3:24:43 AM via Website

Joaquin Martinez

Hi, I have a Samsung Note 2 running Android 4.3, this is a mexican phone that I took to a shop to unlock it as we moved to USA and wanted to keep using same phone with different carrier, as I'm not an android tech.

Since the unlock, internet network is not working properly, in US I bought a Tmobile sim card, everything works fine except network, it only works on H+ or E networks, I took it to a Tmobile shop and they told me that phone is not running on the correct version of OS, that I need to update it.

When I attempt to run software update it sends a message saying that the device was modified and there are no software update availables.

It seems that unlock was made thru a software patch and installing an application called SuperSU.

Phone doesn't allow me to desinstall the application.

Is there a way I can desinstall it? Or reinstalling all OS? I'm tired of having bad performance in network...

Please help me, if you know any other way to solve it, please let me know.

Your phone was rooted so you will not get any OTA updates. It was rooted for unlocking
GO to sammobile site and download the firmware you need , then flash it with ODIN

Post your current country name and network provider , this will help finding the firmware

Ready To Help You.

Joaquin Martinez

Oct 22, 2014, 3:51:39 AM via Website

I live in USA and T-mobile is my current network provider, but phone model is listed under original provider that is in Mexico Telcel.

If I install that firmware will phone be back locked to Telcel provider preventing me to use my T-mobile Sim card?

Is there a way to unlock phone without disabling updates and negatively impacting network performance?

Deactivated Account

Oct 22, 2014, 4:03:40 AM via Website

Joaquin Martinez

I live in USA and T-mobile is my current network provider, but phone model is listed under original provider that is in Mexico Telcel.

If I install that firmware will phone be back locked to Telcel provider preventing me to use my T-mobile Sim card?

Is there a way to unlock phone without disabling updates and negatively impacting network performance?

You can Flash USA T-mobile firmware.This may improve the the network speed.Re-flashing will remove the Super SU app and allow you to use OTA updates.

Ready To Help You.

Joaquin Martinez

Oct 22, 2014, 4:14:17 PM via Website

my phone model is SGH-I317M, in Sammobile site this model is only listed for Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico.

How can I flash T-Mobile firmware?

Do I have to reset to Mexico carrier and unlock it again to be able to use T-Mobile SIM card?

Joaquin Martinez

Oct 22, 2014, 10:23:02 PM via Website

I just downloaded firmware from sammobile for the model and Telcel Mexico carrier and re flashed with Odin, I expected phone to be reset as a brand new phone (no applications installed) Sanjai told me that SuperSU would be removed when re-flashing, but after reboot I found out that phone was updated to latest firmware version, but all applications remained the same, phone didn't loose any data nor any application was removed.

Also, phone remained unlocked, I can use my T-mobile SIM card without a problem.

Network is still working only with E and H+ networks, so it didn't solve my main issue.

I followed directions provided in sammobile site. Did I miss anything?

Deactivated Account

Oct 23, 2014, 2:41:04 PM via Website

Joaquin Martinez

I just downloaded firmware from sammobile for the model and Telcel Mexico carrier and re flashed with Odin, I expected phone to be reset as a brand new phone (no applications installed) Sanjai told me that SuperSU would be removed when re-flashing, but after reboot I found out that phone was updated to latest firmware version, but all applications remained the same, phone didn't loose any data nor any application was removed.

Also, phone remained unlocked, I can use my T-mobile SIM card without a problem.

Network is still working only with E and H+ networks, so it didn't solve my main issue.

I followed directions provided in sammobile site. Did I miss anything?

sorry for the delay
Before or after re-flashing you need to clear cache then data from recovery to remove the data.
i think it must be the firmware you flashed.. That must be the reason you gets only H+ and E

— modified on Oct 23, 2014, 2:42:58 PM

Ready To Help You.

Joaquin Martinez

Oct 23, 2014, 3:36:39 PM via Website

And regarding the firmware to use, is it possible that I use another phone model's firmware that allow me to have TMobile firmware? Or do I have to stay with the one listed for my model?

Deactivated Account

Oct 23, 2014, 6:27:18 PM via Website

Joaquin Martinez

And regarding the firmware to use, is it possible that I use another phone model's firmware that allow me to have TMobile firmware? Or do I have to stay with the one listed for my model?

you can't flash other phone model firmware.
You can flash any other country firmware (it should be the same model) after unlocking . That is you need to stay with the one listed for your phone

Ready To Help You.