When do you plan on upgrading to a new phone and why?

• Replies:9
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Sep 19, 2014, 10:03:03 AM via Website

Hey guys!

I was wondering, at which rate do you usually upgrade to a new phone? Is it when your phone finally breaks? Or because you want to upgrade to a phone which is much better in terms of hardware? Perhaps it's because your smartphone will never get another Android update again! Or perhaps, you are the type of person that keeps their phone forever, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

So tell us, how often do you upgrade to a new smartphone and what are usually the reasons? :)

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Sep 19, 2014, 10:22:05 AM via Website

I'm one of those freaks that actually looks after his phone, so I never drop it, lose it or break it. This means I never need to upgrade through clumsiness or foolishness, which is good. But...for me, it's a simple problem of the nerd factor: I see shiny new phones and I want them. All of them.

Fortunately, I work where I get to play with all the new phones I could ever wish for and decide if they are so good that I want one in my pocket permanently or if just using one for a couple of weeks is enough. Strangely enough, I am still rocking my Nexus 5 and getting my thrills with the new Moto X or G3 through work.

The Nexus 6's arrival may just tempt me though...

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

James Ahn
  • Forum posts: 6

Oct 2, 2014, 3:04:20 PM via Website

Every other Nexus, and def not right after launch (price, bugs etc). It's pure self control to hang onto what you have. My benchmark is if even FB is lagging then it's time to upgrade. Might be OnePlusOne next time tho, only thing better than having Nexus stamped on the back of a phone is Cyanogenmod!

john Tambi
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 22, 2014, 7:27:39 PM via Website

Hello,

I´ll replace my Sony Xperia Z1, because I don´t really like it. When I bought it was great, but nowadays I'm trying to sell.

Maybe, LG G3 or Nexus 6 on my plans.

Regards.

Kevin Lendyll Aquino
  • Forum posts: 1

Oct 23, 2014, 1:52:43 AM via Website

Hi guys....

My sister will give me a gift, and she said sh will buy me a phone so she told me on what phone i like... and at first i chose the HTC One M8 then the LG G3 and Sony Xperia Z3... im really having a hard time on what should i choose.... plls help....(thinking)

neil rees
  • Forum posts: 19

Oct 27, 2014, 10:50:18 PM via App

usually when my contract ends,but I am breaking the mold and going for oneplusone.

Academ_Media
  • Forum posts: 12

Dec 4, 2014, 8:05:45 AM via Website

I'm rather clumsy so my phones occasionally go through incidents that leave no chance of recovery. It's hard to make any prognosis! I hope the current one will last a year more though.

hassan
  • Forum posts: 5

Dec 4, 2014, 8:26:47 AM via Website

I need help! I was having problems with the samsung galaxy note 2 and it automatically factory reset it I thought all the photos saved along with the contacts on my google account but little did I know all the photos deleted. I talked to a friend and know it has the internal sd card that still has the photos somewhere but didnt use an external sd card. How do I get those photos back? I tried different recovery systems on the web and none of them recognize the device? It is in usb debugging... etc... Ive been looking all day on how to recover this. What can I do to get at least some photos from the intertal sd card after the factory reset ??? I know some people say its lost but I see these forums where some people got some of their data back but I am so lost on how to do it! PLEASE HELP!!!

— modified on Dec 4, 2014, 8:29:26 AM

thomas rinehart
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 10, 2015, 7:04:48 PM via App

I presently own a nexus4. When it's paid off I am thinking of either a one plus one, a nexus 6, or maybe a LGG3. Depending on my financial situation.

— modified on Apr 10, 2015, 7:07:40 PM