Google Nexus 5 — Nexus 5: How to edit contacts & phone numbers. SOLVED!

• Replies:6
Aadrika Singh
  • Forum posts: 5

Sep 12, 2014, 12:34:44 PM via Website

I have been trying to edit phone numbers in my contact list and was having no luck. I would select the "phone" app and thought I could edit a contact from there, but when clicking on the contact, I would end up calling them instead :(

I found out the way to do this is to:

1. Click on "People" image
  2. Select the contat you want to edit

3. Tap on the top right (with 3 dots)

4. Select "edit" from the top right

There you go! Hope this helps others :)

Anil Jeeyani
  • Forum posts: 1

Jan 18, 2015, 3:21:54 PM via Website

You do not need to install other apps to manage your contacts. You can edit under contacts. Contacts is the 3rd tab in phone app. You just need to scroll there to edit number. Do not search contact and tap otherwise it gets called. If you are searching John, scroll down to 'J' by swipe down on right side of screen. When you find John, just tap on it and you can see half pop up window with edit link.

lucyll
  • Forum posts: 12

Mar 1, 2016, 4:30:07 AM via Website

Thanks for sharing, to edit samsung galaxy phone contacts on computer, we can also use a mobile phone manager app to help.

karensavana
  • Forum posts: 17

Apr 15, 2016, 9:10:07 AM via Website

Besides, Gmail, you can use a thing called Android Manager to try. This program allows you to manage your contacts, including edit, delete, trasnfer.

Werf Abb
  • Forum posts: 22

Aug 16, 2016, 8:23:34 AM via Website

A more effective way to manage your contacts is to use Android mobile manager tool to edit your contacts on computer. It allows users to add, delete, import, export and edit contacts freely.

— modified on Aug 18, 2016, 3:58:07 AM

Rweethy
  • Forum posts: 17

Aug 17, 2016, 10:02:58 AM via Website

You can edit contacts on android phone . And you can also edit contacts on computer .You need to connect your android phone to computer with USB cable .Scan your android phone contacts and edit android contacts.

— modified on Aug 17, 2016, 10:03:59 AM