upgrade...apps not working correct

• Replies:4
tmp
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 6, 2014, 3:59:49 PM via Website

Tablet just did an upgrade and now a few apps don't work properly. One is Facebook - when i click on the friends tab i get bumped out if Facebook. I have uninstall and re-installed and same thing. Sure a quick fix....any help appreciated.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 6, 2014, 4:51:31 PM via App

well, i guess there may be some problem with app itself as you have already uninstalled and installed back but try clearing the cache and the data stored by heading over to application. If the problem still persist then you could wait for the next update to arrive or better would be dropping an email to the developer.

— modified on Sep 6, 2014, 4:53:19 PM

Philip Wojcikiewicz

Oct 2, 2014, 6:02:35 PM via Website

I am having the same issue. Opened a ticket with Samsung and they had me do a factory reset on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 and that has not resolved the issue.

I am currently on 4.4.2 on the tablet and the FB app is on 13.0.xxx (I don't have it in front of me).

This problem is isolated to the FB app, right after the factory reset it was just stopping the FB app, but after about an hour it went back to resetting/restarting the entire tablet, essentially crashing the tablet whenever I try to use the FB app, or at least do almost anything in the FB app.

I have used other apps like Flixster and Redbox and others on the same tablet and they run perfectly for as long as I want to be in them.

Any thoughts on what I can do to get FB to work, this is/was one of the main reasons for the tablet for my wife.

thanks,
Phil

Patty Davis

Oct 25, 2014, 9:58:18 PM via Website

Same here, only Facebook app is not the only app that crashes. Hulu actually reboots my device when i try to watch anything. All apps work fine on my old S3. All this happened after upgrade to 4.4.2.

— modified on Oct 25, 2014, 9:58:58 PM

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Oct 26, 2014, 2:47:30 PM via App

Well, @Phil considering that you have already performed a complete factory reset and after that all other app works fine over your device than I guess the problem is with the Facebook app itself, I would advise you to try dropping an email over to fb developers and until the next update pops up don't use fb app :( rather than keep using fb over browsers !

@Patty davis I have heard that 4.4.2 is bit buggy (thinking) anyway I would advise you to first try clearing the cache and the data stored by the Hulu and FB app and if that doesn't helps backup your data and perform a complete factory reset. And see if that fix you problem ? (thinking)

— modified on Oct 26, 2014, 2:50:49 PM