photos locked help!

• Replies:11
sean chapman
  • Forum posts: 5

Aug 30, 2014, 12:55:18 AM via Website

So I got a virus and it locked all my photos how do I recover them. Phone is a samsung galaxy s3 from cricket moble please help.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Aug 30, 2014, 9:30:25 AM via Website

In what way do you mean locked? As in you can't view the gallery, or individual photos, or do they all appear blank? Plus how do you know it was a virus? If you give us more details we can help ;)

Sinkster

sean chapman

Aug 30, 2014, 4:05:32 PM via Website

Its was an fbi virus and my downloaded photos are locked. When I go in to my files then device then downloads I can see the photos but they are locked. So lets say the pic says( sean.jpg.locked) if you can help that would be awesome. I have lots of pics of my son and wife.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 30, 2014, 4:27:29 PM via Website

sean chapman

Its was an fbi virus and my downloaded photos are locked. When I go in to my files then device then downloads I can see the photos but they are locked. So lets say the pic says( sean.jpg.locked) if you can help that would be awesome. I have lots of pics of my son and wife.

delete all the app that look suspicious.
connect your device to pc and see whether you can view it from there.

also rename the sean.jpg.locked to sean.jpg from pc and mobile

Ready To Help You.

sean chapman

Aug 30, 2014, 4:36:05 PM via Website

Ok I will try that now. Thanks:D

sean chapman

Aug 30, 2014, 5:11:11 PM via Website

When I rename image it says file appears to be damaged, corrupted, or is too large is there a program that I can download on my pc to fix this problem? Also I did delete the virus from my phone.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Aug 31, 2014, 4:22:05 PM via App

sean chapman

Well, @Sean weird but I haven't heard about fbi virus ! (thinking) anyway I would say better to rename the image file back to what it was because that fbi virus may have encrypted your images and renaming the file format is going to make it unreadale for the fbi virus. :? I would say better to install some antivirus and scan you device and then see if you fbi virus disappears ;) and your image file open up or not ! :)

sean chapman

Sep 1, 2014, 6:55:44 PM via Website

Thanks john for replying I deleted the fbi virus and my pix are still locked. I even tryed getting them from my phone from my computer but it said I dont have root access. I dont really want to root my phone I mean I've done my research on it but it just doseint seem safe to me. My phone is a samsung galaxy s3 from cricket moble. Im going to leave cricket soon and go back to Verizon due to poor service but that's beside the point. But thanks again I just deleted all the locked pix and reset back to factory.

Senapus Petit
  • Forum posts: 70

Sep 1, 2014, 11:25:23 PM via Website

That sucks man.
The virus probably encrypted your pictures and unless you have the encryption key they're most likely lost forever.
I've never heard of this kind of things on Android though so I might be wrong.

george s
  • Forum posts: 1

Sep 2, 2014, 4:15:50 AM via Website

Has anyone come up with a solution for this? I'm having the same problem .I have removed the virus but it is doing the same thing to me and will not allow me to access my pictures . they are locked

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Sep 2, 2014, 6:38:51 AM via Website

Well, as so many members are experiencing problem with the (thinking) fbi virus, I tried Googling to find something which can help you guys out ! But couldn't find actually the appropriate.... (angel) But this gives me an idea I am sure you may have installed an application which is doing all this ...(angry) over your device. Try heading over to the application manager by heading to settings> application manager>( I am actually not sure about it but see if you can find BaDoink or any app that you may think is the culprit one) (thinking) , once you get an idea about the suspicious app press the uninstall button. See if this works out for you :?

PS: So, my recommendation to all the members is un-tick the apps installation from unknown sources other than PlayStore, you can disable that by heading over to the settings>Security> under Device administration>un tick Unknown sources and then tap over the device administrators make sure that only Android Device manager is ticked (if some antivirus are ticked as device administrators then its okay but other than that no other apps are added as device administrators). If you just stick yourself over the Google Play Store I hope you will not encounter any issues like try sticking only to the Google Play ... (angel)

CORSEKY
  • Forum posts: 2

Sep 10, 2014, 10:10:49 PM via Website

John F.

Well, as so many members are experiencing problem with the (thinking) fbi virus, I tried Googling to find something which can help you guys out ! But couldn't find actually the appropriate.... (angel) But this gives me an idea I am sure you may have installed an application which is doing all this ...(angry) over your device. Try heading over to the application manager by heading to settings> application manager>( I am actually not sure about it but see if you can find BaDoink or any app that you may think is the culprit one) (thinking) , once you get an idea about the suspicious app press the uninstall button. See if this works out for you :?

PS: So, my recommendation to all the members is un-tick the apps installation from unknown sources other than PlayStore, you can disable that by heading over to the settings>Security> under Device administration>un tick Unknown sources and then tap over the device administrators make sure that only Android Device manager is ticked (if some antivirus are ticked as device administrators then its okay but other than that no other apps are added as device administrators). If you just stick yourself over the Google Play Store I hope you will not encounter any issues like try sticking only to the Google Play ... (angel)

HI EVERY ONE I CAN HELP . FOLLOW STEPS ON WWW.MALWARE TIPS TO REMOVE AND RESTORE . IF THERE ANY NEWS PLEASE ANNOUNCE ALL MEMBERS TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEMS GOOD LUCK