Samsung Galaxy S3 mini — apps wont work

• Replies:5
Fiona Nickson
  • Forum posts: 3

Aug 16, 2014, 10:50:10 AM via Website

I have had my samsung s3 mini since the beginning of the year, a couple of months ago if fell from my pocket into the toilet. I immediately picked it up took the battery, sim card out and placed it in a bowl of rice for a day or two. It worked fine and has been up until last night, when it all the icons decided not to work. I cant ring, message, receive calls or anything, I can unlock it using my pattern, and swipe across the screens, but not access any of the features, nor settings. When i try and do a hard reset? holding volume down key, home and power, then clicking power up key, the android fella appears and it says Downloading...Do not turn off target!!! but doesnt appear to do anything,
Any advice?
TIA x

— modified on Aug 16, 2014, 10:55:03 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 16, 2014, 11:04:46 AM via App

you need to press and hold volume up button + home key + and power key to enter recovery mode then clear cache and factory reset.
Pressing and holding the volume down key + home key + power button allow you to enter into download mode you cannot hard reset your phone on download mode

— modified on Aug 16, 2014, 11:07:37 AM

Ready To Help You.

Fiona Nickson

Aug 16, 2014, 11:15:47 AM via Website

thankyou for your reply, done that and got a screen up,
sorry to be a pain , do i select wipe data/factory reset or the option of wipe cache partition first?

Fiona Nickson

Aug 16, 2014, 11:50:26 AM via Website

thankyou, thing its sorted

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Aug 16, 2014, 12:40:53 PM via Website

Fiona Nickson

thankyou for your reply, done that and got a screen up,
sorry to be a pain , do i select wipe data/factory reset or the option of wipe cache partition first?

sorry for the delay
clear wipe cache and factory rest will do the trick..
its good to hear that your phone is back.

Ready To Help You.

Marlene Saffan
  • Forum posts: 9

Sep 8, 2016, 8:41:41 AM via Website

doesn't matter what app is it should work well all the time.