Huawei Ascend P6 — Firmware upgrade from B606 to B111(official)

• Replies:5
Petros Kiousis
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 10, 2014, 9:43:33 AM via Website

I did a backup the data of the device and SD card using HiSuite before the firmware upgrade. After the upgrade, I tried to recover the pictures and music from HiSuite and the recovery always fails (starts and after some files that have been recovered, it fails without giving any info).
What I want to ask is if there is a way to retrieve the backup data. HiSuite creates a compressed file each time you make a backup of your device. Is there a way to access this file and take my pictures and music files?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 10, 2014, 3:40:20 PM via Website

Petros Kiousis

I did a backup the data of the device and SD card using HiSuite before the firmware upgrade. After the upgrade, I tried to recover the pictures and music from HiSuite and the recovery always fails (starts and after some files that have been recovered, it fails without giving any info).
What I want to ask is if there is a way to retrieve the backup data. HiSuite creates a compressed file each time you make a backup of your device. Is there a way to access this file and take my pictures and music files?

Do you have the Hi Suite installed on your PC or Laptop too? If you do, the files should be available to copy across from PC to device when it is plugged in via USB.

Petros Kiousis

Jul 10, 2014, 3:59:35 PM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 11, 2014, 10:46:20 AM via Website

So with your phone plugged in via USB, can't you transfer the files you originally backed up to HiSuite onto your device?

Petros Kiousis

Jul 17, 2014, 9:55:58 AM via Website

No I cannot!

Eileen Lance
  • Forum posts: 7

Oct 15, 2015, 4:31:20 AM via Website

You may be interested in Recover Deleted Files from Huawei Mate S/8/7 on Mac

androidrecoveryformac.com/recover-deleted-files-on-huawei-mac