Samsung Galaxy S4 — IMEI Blacklisted, paying for help.

• Replies:4
Neil
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 10, 2014, 2:07:35 AM via App

Hello.

I am looking for a bit of help if anyone could do so. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 off gumtree(A site similar to CraigsList in UK). Anyway, it was working fine for a while and then the seller has blocked the phone by ringing up saying he has lost it or something so now I can't call or text or anything.

I don't want the phone to go to complete waste after I have just purchased it, so I have come here for help.

Does anyone know how to change the IMEI or unblacklist it.

I am prepared to pay up to £60 GBP.

also, the phone is rooted.

Thanks.

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 10, 2014, 3:22:02 PM via Website

Neil

Hello.

I am looking for a bit of help if anyone could do so. I recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 off gumtree(A site similar to CraigsList in UK). Anyway, it was working fine for a while and then the seller has blocked the phone by ringing up saying he has lost it or something so now I can't call or text or anything.

I don't want the phone to go to complete waste after I have just purchased it, so I have come here for help.

Does anyone know how to change the IMEI or unblacklist it.

I am prepared to pay up to £60 GBP.

also, the phone is rooted.

Thanks.

Hi Neil, are you using his SIM card or your own??

Neil

Jul 10, 2014, 9:12:09 PM via App

my own sim card

Neil

Jul 17, 2014, 4:36:33 AM via App

can anyone help with this?

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 18, 2014, 11:30:47 AM via Website

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately, we can't give any advice on how to unblacklist your phone, because it's completely illegal. Phones get blacklisted if they are reported lost or stolen, so we aren't able to offer support for this.

Contact your network, see if they can offer any support, and contact the original seller to see if you can get a refund. This is just one of the pitfalls of buying mobile phones from unofficial dealers. Usually, there is nothing to gain from the seller by blacklisting it, so in this case the guy must just be an (angry).

— modified on Jul 20, 2014, 10:14:28 AM by moderator