Samsung Galaxy S3 — ERR_proxy_connection_failed

• Replies:3
Ana Guerrinha
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 6, 2014, 2:21:03 PM via Website

hey guys I need some help here.

I got CM11 for my galasy s3 a week ago using CM installer. Guess all was fine apart from a small bug with the clock.
But yesterday I installed Adblock Plus and followed the instructions to setup proxy and all... so today woke up and google play have no connection and when I try to open any page on google get this message "connection problem net::ERR_proxy_connection_failed".

Any ideas how to fix? done a backup and factory reset but as soon as I restore my data I keep the same issue. unistalled adblocker +plus but nothing changed.

Thanks in advance

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Jul 6, 2014, 2:25:41 PM via Website

Enter settings/wifi, long-press your wifi network and there should be an option to 'modify network'. Check the advanced settings box and see what it says under Proxy.

— modified on Jul 6, 2014, 2:26:29 PM

Sinkster

Ana Guerrinha

Ana Guerrinha
  • Forum posts: 3

Jul 6, 2014, 3:31:21 PM via Website

thanks for helping, just decided to do that and remove the proxy I had inserted when I installed Adblock plus, works fine now :)

Porkupine Naple
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 3, 2014, 1:22:36 PM via Website

thank you. I was in the very same situation. Adblock started to cause occasionals proxy errors even if disabled, so I deleted it. Then I couldn't access google play nor internet, even via phone network. Did reset factory, still trouble.

Proxy settings was indeed still set to "manual" after reset factory, hence no connection.
I set it back to "none" and now it's all good.

Thank you for the tip, I was very worried.