Should I take notice of app permissions?

• Replies:3
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jul 3, 2014, 2:51:42 PM via Website

When I install apps, I rarely look at the app permissions. I usually I assume that because I've read about the app online, and it has been downloaded thousands of times, then it is safe to download.

Do you check app permissions before installing an app? Can anything bad happen if I don't?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jul 3, 2014, 4:44:44 PM via App

yes, I always read the permission.
if a app requires my personal information and phone id I just ignore that app.

Ready To Help You.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jul 4, 2014, 6:02:13 AM via Website

@Mobile Crackers, :O Do you say "I ignore the app that requires personal information?" Then I am sure you haven't installed (devil) What's app, Candy Crush, Angry Birds Space :? Because I guess these application requires permission to access personal information. :P

Here i'll support @Scott I also use to do the same as I already read about the application thousand times ..... and I am sure any vulnerable application isn't going to get, that much popularity ..... (cool)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jul 4, 2014, 6:15:42 AM via App

what'sapp is safe and is a trusted company.. I ment about the 3rd party apps like utorrent, call blocker apps.
mobigene is automatically installed into my phone without any notifications and when I connect my phone to pc it starts to install pc version

Ready To Help You.