making android apps

• Replies:4
shadi t
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 28, 2014, 3:36:02 AM via Website

Hi!
I'm 15 years old and I want to make android apps. I don't know the codes and have no programming skills. What software or website should I use to make android games?

Gamazing
  • Forum posts: 9

Jun 29, 2014, 2:29:47 PM via Website

If you want to create apps, you can download the SDK (developer.android.com/sdk/index.html) . It comes with eclipse, which requires Java programming knowledge.

You can also create games (3D/2D). For those I use Unity3D (unity3d.com/unity/download). Programming games in Unity3D requires some math... Think about vectors and quaternions... You can use both .net's programming language called C#, or Java. There's also a third language you can program within Unity, but I won't encourage it (C# and Java are widely used for a lot of other stuff.)

Both Eclipse/Android SDK and Unity3D is free. But understanding enough programming skills to create good running apps requires a lot of time. It took me a year to understand C#/Java and a few months to find my way around the API's. Designing skills are also a must. You can use Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Gimp, or w/e.

To learn programming, there are a lot of tutorials on YouTube or other websites. Don't give up too soon, it's a long but fun road...

Happy coding

Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 30, 2014, 10:56:08 AM via Website

Nice answer Gamazing thanks :)

@shadi t, sadly there isn't really an easy route to making games. You will have to learn how to code in some programming language one way or another. Like Gamazing said, there are tons of tutorials available to help you though.

Java is very common so I think that is a good place to start.

Let us know how it goes :D

Tanzanite Infotech
  • Forum posts: 2

Jun 30, 2014, 1:15:41 PM via Website

Hi ,

You also can join any IT company that hires Freshers they provide best training over there you can enhance your programming skills .

herry prothyer
  • Forum posts: 88

Aug 4, 2014, 11:22:46 AM via Website

According to me first of all you have to learn programming language like C++ its very good for the beginners, w3school.com is really important site to provide proper guidance that you need and also advising you to refers some programming languages books. than after you should try for gaming development.