Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 — How to perform a hard reset with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)

• Replies:18
  • Stickied
Scott Adam Gordon
  • Forum posts: 445

Jun 18, 2014, 12:40:05 PM via Website

Here is a guide for performing a hard reset on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)

A hard reset is a good way to fix some software related problems. This should however be one of your last resorts, there are often less intense methods to fix many of your Android problems. Try turning your phone off for a while and then restart it, or take the battery out. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best.

Before attempting a hard reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand. There are a number of good apps that can do this, such as Titanium Backup, Carbon Backup and Helium.

Alternatively you can use the back up and restore app ready installed on your handset, like this:

From any Home screen, select the applications icon (located in the upper right).
Select Settings.
Select Back up and reset
From the Backup & restore section, ensure the appropriate account is selected from the Backup account field then configure the following:
(Enabled is when a check mark is present.)
Back up my data:
Personal data such as WiFi passwords, Browser bookmarks, User dictionary, a list of installed Market application and other customized settings are backed up to Google's servers.
Automatic restore:
Data and settings are restored to applications utilizing the backup service upon reinstallation.

Note that if data back up is disabled, existing backups are deleted from Google's servers.

Also, disable Automatic Restore prior to performing a hard reset when attempting to determine whether a third-party app is the cause of an operating system or app issue.

To hard reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)

From a home screen, select Apps (Located at the bottom when viewed in portrait or at the upper right in landscape.)
From the Apps tab, select Settings.
Select Back up and reset.
Select Factory data reset.
To reset the device select Reset device (enter password/PIN if prompted). Select Continue and then delete all.

Or

Press and hold the Power button until the Device options screen appears.
Select Power off.
Select OK.
Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button.
When the Samsung logo appears, release all.
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.)
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

There you have it. Let us know if you have any problems :)

— modified on Jun 23, 2014, 3:57:20 PM

Sorin

Kenny Sigat
  • Forum posts: 9

Jul 16, 2014, 5:03:22 AM via Website

Any tip or news for samsung galaxy tab 7.7 GT-P6800. android version 4.0.4.?

— modified on Jul 16, 2014, 5:05:22 AM

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 11

Jul 16, 2014, 7:49:55 AM via Website

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 I705 hard reset
Your Samsung P3100, P3110 tablet freezes or has fatal errors
If your device freezes or hangs, you may need to close programs or reset the device to regain functionality. If your device is still responsive but a
program is frozen, close the program using the task manager. If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold [POWER ] for 8-10 seconds. The device will reboot automatically.
If this does not solve the problem, perform a factory data reset. In Menu mode, select Settings → Privacy → Factory data reset → Reset Tablet→ Erase everything
admin edit: promotional links not permitted

— modified on Jul 16, 2014, 9:24:44 AM by moderator

Triono Mboyst
  • Forum posts: 1

May 20, 2015, 2:21:14 PM via Website

my android phone lock pattern phone and i forget how to unlock

Sunil Sunariya

Aug 7, 2015, 12:12:04 PM via Website

please perform the factory hard reset from above given steps and you can done.

Moktel Mukthi

Sep 14, 2015, 10:00:55 AM via Website

Scott Adam Gordon

Here is a guide for performing a hard reset on the [Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)][1]

A hard reset is a good way to fix some software related problems. This should however be one of your last resorts, there are often less intense methods to fix many of your Android problems. Try turning your phone off for a while and then restart it, or take the battery out. Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best.

Before attempting a hard reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand. There are a number of good apps that can do this, such as Titanium Backup, Carbon Backup and Helium.

Alternatively you can use the back up and restore app ready installed on your handset, like this:

From any Home screen, select the applications icon (located in the upper right).
Select Settings.
Select Back up and reset
From the Backup & restore section, ensure the appropriate account is selected from the Backup account field then configure the following:
(Enabled is when a check mark is present.)
Back up my data:
Personal data such as WiFi passwords, Browser bookmarks, User dictionary, a list of installed Market application and other customized settings are backed up to Google's servers.
Automatic restore:
Data and settings are restored to applications utilizing the backup service upon reinstallation.

Note that if data back up is disabled, existing backups are deleted from Google's servers.

Also, disable Automatic Restore prior to performing a hard reset when attempting to determine whether a third-party app is the cause of an operating system or app issue.

To hard reset the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0)

From a home screen, select Apps (Located at the bottom when viewed in portrait or at the upper right in landscape.)
From the Apps tab, select Settings.
Select Back up and reset.
Select Factory data reset.
To reset the device select Reset device (enter password/PIN if prompted). Select Continue and then delete all.

Or

Press and hold the Power button until the Device options screen appears.
Select Power off.
Select OK.
Press and hold the Volume up button then press and hold the Power button.
When the Samsung logo appears, release all.
Select wipe data/factory reset. (Use the Volume buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.)
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Select reboot system now.
Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.

There you have it. Let us know if you have any problems :)

[1]: https://www.nextpit.com/device/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-7-0

hello is there anyone can help me to remove the virus from my tab2? i have reset many times but virus i couldn't able to remove. please help me

mario floarea

Sep 21, 2015, 5:20:42 AM via Website

hello ,

my name is mario . I had recently aquired a samsung tablet and decided to install new rom or as some may say operating system . Well what seemed to be an easy process turned out to be fairly difficult . as upon noticing i had completely wiped the device of any operating system and failed at installing the new operating system . now the tablet starts shows the samsung screen and thats it , just keeps shutting off and rebooting withthe same screen . Can you please tell me what to do to get any type of rom on here it would be great to use this tablet. i am able to get into the service menu when pushing the up volume and power . if that helps at all .

Brian Neuzil

Jan 15, 2016, 10:23:07 PM via Website

Two questions:
1st- If I do a Hard Reset, do I lose my current operating system?
2nd- Will I lose all Apps, or just the ones I had to install?
Also are there any other things I should beware of with a Hard Reset? I know the tablets old, at least in today's times, but I'd like to still use it to watch shows & Youtube! And I guess some simple apps!

Thanks for any help your able to provide! :)

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Jan 16, 2016, 4:29:36 AM via Website

Brian Neuzil

Two questions:
1st- If I do a Hard Reset, do I lose my current operating system?
2nd- Will I lose all Apps, or just the ones I had to install?

1. Hard reset will not downgrade your OS.
  2. you will lose all your downloaded apps .

Hard rest will erase any music that you have downloaded to your phones storage, any contacts saved to the phone will be erased,....

Ready To Help You.

Sorin

Nobby

May 11, 2016, 11:04:27 AM via Website

Hi..I bought my Sumsang Galaxy tab2 10.1 in Dec 2015 and last this week it just started rebooting itself non stop. After reading a few forums and trying this n that I had to end up doing factory reset but it still reboots within 10 sec into the welcome and cant even do anything I m really frustrated as this tablet cost me almost US$500. Please help me. Thanks

Kimsrong Sourn

Aug 31, 2016, 1:47:31 PM via Website

Hi i used to do this to solve some problem before, but now it's not work anymore. My Sumsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 P-3100 now reboot again and again all time. I can not do anything beside watching it until off by no battery. Now i really need some help! How can i fix this problem? any ideas please share with me now?

Alex

Sep 14, 2016, 9:19:10 PM via Website

Hello
I downloaded some sort of malware. It prevents me from using my tablet.
What it does is I keep getting these google play app automatically. I dismiss it (only BACK button is shown, home and list got lost (???)) and try to get to the desktop, but 5 secs after i try to dismiss it, google play appears again and again. It does not allow me to do anything.
Already hard reset my tablet 6 times and the data does not get erased.
I'm trying to see if there is a way to hard-hard-hard erase or reset so all the malware will as well be erased. I don't care loosing all the data, as long as I can regain control over my tablet.
Please comments...

Charles Choueiry

Dec 9, 2016, 2:56:42 AM via Website

My tablet started acting up while charging. It was booting and rebooting and rebooting. When I tried to do a factory reset I get the message: Encryption failed "Unable to perform encryption due to interruption. Perform factory data reset before use. After resetting try encrypting device again"
Can anyone help?

Christopher Peck

Jan 29, 2017, 4:20:26 AM via Website

After performing the factory reset and powering back on to reboot there is an error and tab shuts down again.....

Holly Hilburger Nydm
  • Forum posts: 2

May 7, 2017, 6:26:21 PM via Website

My touchscreen is inresponsive and I can not turn it off it will only reset then goes on lock screen and will not do anything else. In return because I can not get the tablet to shut down I can not hard reset. I need solutions for this issue. Thank you

Holly Hilburger Nydm
  • Forum posts: 2

May 7, 2017, 6:31:29 PM via Website

What if I can only reboot my tablet and can not shut it down to hard reset? My touchscreen does not work and holding the power only reboots it then it goes to the lock screen and is stuck. Now what should I do?

Russell Edwards

Jul 7, 2017, 12:19:38 PM via Website

I rooted my Samsung tab 2 in the hope that it would run faster, however, Sky go will not run on a rooted device. I have tried using the factory reset you have described but the root is still there, do you have any other advice on this subject, I don't care about losing data, I just need sky go to run properly and getting the tablet back to where it was when I got it out of its box.
Thanks for any help you can give

Russ Edwards

ZAR ZAF

Sep 2, 2018, 6:38:10 PM via Website

I can't make the screen lit at all not hard resseting, no holding buttons, no charging screen, nothing! when I charge it i feel the battery gets warm but i can't make the tablet turn on anyone knows anything?