Android connect to USB printer

• Replies:7
rajajisubramanian
  • Forum posts: 17

Jun 4, 2014, 7:09:37 AM via Website

I want to connect USB printer with my android device programmatically or any free of cost third party tool available to connect the printer? help me thanks in advance.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 4, 2014, 9:09:37 AM via Website

well, connecting to your printer via USB may be bit more complex I guess.....:? (why I am saying this because I haven't tried that) why don't you try connecting it via Wi-Fi !!

rajajisubramanian

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 4, 2014, 10:56:21 AM via Website

Are we talking USB On-The-Go here? I'm not sure if I follow you exactly? If you have KitKat you can cloud print too. Or you could simply buy one of the microUSB storage tools with a full size USB end (like we covered in the Leef Bridge review).

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

rajajisubramanian

Jun 4, 2014, 1:43:32 PM via Website

if u know the procedure for done programmatically means let me know, thanks in advance

rajajisubramanian

Jun 5, 2014, 12:30:18 PM via Website

Help me friends if any one knows connect to printer programmatically means help me i struggled a lot

— modified on Jun 5, 2014, 12:33:59 PM

Chooks
  • Forum posts: 11

Jun 7, 2014, 12:39:17 PM via App

I am not sure even if an OTG connection to the printer will work..I suppose the drivers for the printer are needed?

With the OTG connection only data transmission not power..that's why it cannot drive an external HDD. Thumb drives are no issue.

if the printer is wireless capable, wifi or BT connection can be done easily.