Motorola Moto G — moto g water damage

• Replies:3
jey natarajan
  • Forum posts: 1

Jun 3, 2014, 4:17:52 PM via Website

hi frnds this jey from india .. this is my moto g water damage help story....
me and my frnd want to test my mobile is water replicant r not.. so that we put ma moto g into water for 5 r 10 seconds with mobile on condition...
after that test my mobile was still on... after that five minutes i had drained ma mobile well... at that time ma mobile working well .. but after that one hour ma mobile touch screen was not working well till now...

and i am also visited motorola service center for repair ma mobile.. really i want back ma mobile well.. but that service center man said ur mobile circuit board was fried... but mobile can ON and i can get a call even i can talk using by headset... my mobile reciving all notification also well.. and also charging is well..
before that service center i also go to locall services center and that man said ur mobile touch screen circuit was fried not logic board...
here i stuck frnds... i want to ma mobile back with good condition.. can i order touch screen with digitizer and goto locall services center for fix that r i will go to another motorola service center...???
plz help me frnds and experts..

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Jun 4, 2014, 7:34:27 AM via Website

Aww... that's bad :( !! Who has told you that Moto G is water resistant ?? It's not water resistant, I would say there's just nothing much you can do rather than visiting the motorola service centre for fixing it up !! :(

Kris Carlon
  • Forum posts: 1,110

Jun 4, 2014, 10:59:51 AM via Website

Agreed, I'd never put a phone under water ''just to test it'' (although we do here, but that's so you don't have to!)

Even though your Moto G would still be under warranty, water damage is not covered, especially because the device ws never advertized as being water resistant. I would recommend getting more opinions and then go with the majority evaluation.

It sounds to me like it is a touchscreen response issue, not a fried motherboard. Part of it depends on whether you dried the device out properyl after it was wet and where the water might have gotten into things.

Follow Kris on Google+ and Twitter / Forum Rules - Recommended for new AndroidPIT members! / Important to all community members: please read before posting

Harnek Singh
  • Forum posts: 1

Aug 12, 2014, 5:18:22 AM via Website

i do same thing.........moto g under water for 5 sec.............it is working but it is not going to charge....
charging problem is come......can it be repaired on not?