Samsung Galaxy S3 — Root Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 on Android 4.3

• Replies:13
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 14, 2014, 11:26:40 AM via Website

Hey everyone!

Since the international unlocked version of the Galaxy S3, version GT-I9300 won't be getting KitKat, you can root it and then install a KitKat custom ROM. Be careful with this procedure and follow every step as described below. Neither AndroidPIT or I will take responsibility for any bricked or damaged phones.

What you need

• Unlocked Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 (international 3G model, no carrier branding)
  • Stock Samsung Android 4.3
  • Odin v3.09
  • CF-Auto-Root

Pre-setup steps

• Ensure you have relevant drivers for the Galaxy S3 installed on your computer ( this will automatically happen the first time you plug in with a USB cable).
  • Have USB Debugging enabled in the Developer Options of your S3 (Settings > About Phone > Build Number and tap it seven times until Developer Options are enabled.
  • baterry should be charged to 80%
  • Backup important data on your device you want to restore after the root procedure is done, because everything will be wiped otherwise.

Root

• Turn off the S3
  • restart in Download Mode (press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power until you see the triangle warning screen. Press Volume Up to enter Download Mode)
  • on your PC, extract the two files above (Odin and CF-Auto-Root) and put Odin in the same folder as the unpacked Auto-Root files. Nex launch Odin.
  • Connect the S3 (still in Download Mode) to your PC with a USB cable. Ensure that it gets recognized by Odin (ID: COM box turns blue upon recognition).
  • Click the AP box and locate the tar.md5 file in the unpacked CF-Auto-Root files.
  • The Repartition box should NOT checked. Ensure that Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time ARE checked.
  • Click Start and wait. Do not disconnect the S3. This should take some time to process.
  • If you check Auto Reboot in Odin, the S3 will reboot. If you didn't, manually reboot your phone now. You will then see a Pass message in Odin.
  • Disconnect the S3 from the PC. The SuperSU app will now be installed on the Galaxy S3.

From the Google Play Store, Install Root Checker and give it superuser privileges. Launch the app and confirm root access when asked.

Agustin Regueira

Agustin Regueira
  • Forum posts: 1

Nov 28, 2014, 2:14:57 PM via Website

Hola, me sirvió de mucho, funcionó a la perfección, graciass!!!!

Mark G.
  • Forum posts: 29

Feb 11, 2015, 1:56:08 PM via Website

Hi
is it possible to root my s3 without a PC?

Cheers

Greg1100
  • Forum posts: 14

Apr 1, 2015, 12:32:50 AM via Website

Hi
Kingo root worked for me on that score, but it doesn't setup any backups. More info on that in xda site. My S3 is GT19300 International version.

— modified on Apr 1, 2015, 12:33:49 AM

Mark G.
  • Forum posts: 29

Apr 1, 2015, 12:50:07 AM via Website

Thanks, I've tried a couple of ways from XDa but would not work. I'll give this a try.

emily john

Apr 13, 2015, 5:20:00 PM via Website

Does it worked with the Android 4.1.2?

Greg1100

Apr 17, 2015, 12:17:22 AM via Website

Try it-- it will tell you when finished if rooted or not.

Greg1100

Apr 17, 2015, 12:19:44 AM via Website

Besides which, Loie put the steps required on the first post here.

Sonam Jain
  • Forum posts: 27

Apr 17, 2015, 11:20:04 AM via Website

Can we root mostly every android Phone with this method or it can use only for some particular phones ?

Greg1100

May 7, 2015, 12:01:20 AM via Website

Go to Kingo site and check whether you phone is supported.

little lee
  • Forum posts: 12

Feb 4, 2016, 5:17:33 AM via Website

Established telephones can exploit some awesome execution changes -, for example, CPU overclocking and enhanced store administration - that can significantly accelerate Android. You can exploit these alternatives or by downloading root android app such as [ Kingroot ] from the Android Market that will consequently change settings on your pull telephone for you.

— modified on Feb 4, 2016, 6:49:17 AM

kingroot

aaron gray
  • Forum posts: 13

Mar 11, 2016, 6:55:59 AM via Website

Yes its worked with it

Aneesh Chandrashekhar Rao

Jul 10, 2016, 5:42:54 PM via Website

Hey thanks a lot Foie
Worked perfectly!
Cheers!

Mohamad Haroun

Nov 28, 2016, 1:38:13 PM via Website

Thanks a lot
I tried the above but Odin always gives me the below error
Leave CS..
Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
File analysis..
SetupConnection..

Can't open the serial(COM) port. All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)