Google Nexus 7 (2013) — Random reboots

• Replies:4
Joe Edwards
  • Forum posts: 3

May 13, 2014, 12:36:10 PM via Website

Anyone else here having issues with their Nexus 7(2013) rebooting itself at random intervals? I have seen it quite a bit on other forums. Lots of suggestions but no definitive answers. I've tried many of them with no success. The only one that seems to work is running in safe mode. The latest suggestion I'm currently trying is going into developer settings and changing runtime from Delvak to ART. The tablet seems quicker in most all respects but still the reboots continue. Anyone have any suggestions?

Joe Edwards

May 13, 2014, 3:01:29 PM via Website

I was hoping to avoid that step, but it may come down to that. At first I thought it might be Chrome causing the problem, so I went to Opera, but no real difference. I don't use the tablet for business so it's mostly just a big annoyance. I'm running KitKat 4.4.2 and it seems like it started after the update in November. I've heard there's an update forthcoming which is supposed to address the reboot issue, so I'll wait and see. Thanks for your input.

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

May 14, 2014, 10:41:49 AM via Website

Hey there Joe!

First off, have you been turning off my device every night? You might not have these random reboot issues if you turn it off on a regular basis. I think a simple restart every 2-3 days will fix this issue

If you've been doing this, and you are still experiencing random reboots, if you have the ability to, I would take it back. Maybe you can fix it with software enhancements, but I think that it just shouldn't do this, stock or otherwise, and returning it may be a good idea if you are able to, depending of course on your warranty. It could simply be a matter of hardware. How long have you had the tablet?

Joe Edwards

May 20, 2014, 6:51:07 PM via Website

Thanks for your input. I've had the tablet since mid-october. Not sure Walmart would take it back now. I have visited other forums where people have had the same problem. It seems to be fairly common. Others have returned their tablets and had them replaced only to have the same issue again. It's a lot of work reloading your tablet just to have the same problem again. I think I'm just going to keep trying to pin down the problem. I may look into returning it, but doubt I'd get anywhere with that. Thank you for your suggestions.