Samsung Galaxy S5 — How to take a screenshot with Galaxy S5

• Replies:4
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Apr 30, 2014, 11:48:35 AM via Website

Hey all,

If you are wondering how to take a screenshot with the Galaxy S5, it's actually super simple and the same as most other Samsung Galaxy devices.

1st method

You can firstly use the button combination method:

Press and hold the power and the home buttons until you see an animation on the screen or hear a sound. The screenshot is automatically saved to your Gallery app.

2nd method

The second method is super easy and has also been around since the Galaxy S3. This one is called ''Palm swipe to capture'', To do this, you need to make sure that this feature has been switched on in the settings.

To do this: Settings > Gestures > Switch on Palm swipe to capture.

Now, to do the gesture, you need to place your hand perpendicular to the display and move (swipe) your hand accross the screen, from side to side, all the while keeping in contact with the screen. Take a look at the picture below. image

pravin kumar

chiliwillie
  • Forum posts: 16

Jan 12, 2015, 12:18:50 AM via Website

Thanks! I findthe first method the easiest, but glad to know there's actually two!

Mary Lyne
  • Forum posts: 1

Jul 22, 2017, 11:36:12 AM via Website

Neither one of these work on my phone the 1st one use to work how do I fix it to work again?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 4

Jul 22, 2017, 2:13:31 PM via Website

Frankly speaking, I didn't know about these tricks before. Like the first tip and it's very easy. Thank you for sharing.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 819

Mar 29, 2019, 10:37:21 PM via Website

I find the palm swipe the easiest!
Messing with those buttons is very awkward.