How to backup Android apps as APK files

• Replies:4
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Apr 24, 2014, 5:58:17 PM via Website

Hey all,

I bet you all wish you could've done this when your favorite app dissapeared from the Google Play Store cough cough Flappy Bird!!! You can actually save an app that is no longer in the Play Store or even save a copy of an older version of an app before an update. Not only that, this makes it a lot easier to transfer apps to new devices.

• This can be achieved with an app called File Expert with Clouds.
  • Open up the app and click on Apps.
  • Choose the ones that you would like to backup.
  • Then, guess what, just click on the backup button.
  • You can choose whether you want to backup your app to the cloud or locally on your phone.
  • Finished!

You can send these files to yourself, your friends and make sure that no one will take away your favorite app EVER AGAIN! :?

Leonardo
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 25, 2014, 5:46:03 AM via App

Wow! Thanks for this tip...I will surely be saving a few.

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 52

Dec 8, 2015, 4:20:13 AM via Website

Well, thanks. and i also want to recommend one software to back up data! i have used mobikin assistant for android to back up my sms,contacts,photos,music files,and other important data, and apps also!! then i can restore them once my phone is broken or stolen, that's really helpful!!

— modified on Dec 9, 2015, 2:39:34 AM

Little Stacy
  • Forum posts: 14

Dec 8, 2015, 11:30:48 AM via Website

You may use this free and wireless tool - AirMore to backup all your apps to PC. And they are apk files! Search it on Chrome now! image

Constance White
  • Forum posts: 6

Dec 22, 2015, 4:12:47 AM via Website

Thank you for this valuable tips. I am just looking for a way to send an app to my friend. Thanks!:)