weird battery behavior

• Replies:8
Irving BigDady E.
  • Forum posts: 4

Apr 20, 2014, 10:09:40 PM via Website

Hi there I've recently been having some issues with my lg optimus G battery unplugged with the battery at 100% left overnight with mobile data and sync off when I get up in the morning the phone will run down 50 to 60% when I go into the battery summary it shows that android os and media server is chewing through half or more of the battery in 8 hours again with everything turned off I don't put it in airplane mode because it's a work phone and I need to respond to emergencies the only recent change to the phone is I installed dragon mobile assistant other then that I haven't made any other changes I'm aware of and I uninstalled dragon and it's still draining any ideas? Btw if I leave the house in the morning with a full charge it will last all day with about 2 hours of voice calls texts emails and still have 40 to 50% left. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks BD.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 20, 2014, 11:01:56 PM via Website

The media server process basically files your pictures, music and other media. If it's causing excessive battery rain you may have some corrupt files that it's constantly trying to scan and move, so check your sd card for any files that are 0kb in size. The quickest way is to connect your phone to the pc and filter by size, delete any that are empty, reboot and see how that works.

Sinkster

Irving BigDady E.

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 21, 2014, 6:55:31 AM via Website

Why don't you try installing some battery saver apps, I am sure the background running application are draining your battery much more faster than it should buy a power bank as well as install battery saver apps I am sure you can a number of battery saver apps available in the playstore.

Irving BigDady E.

Irving BigDady E.

Apr 21, 2014, 6:20:20 PM via Website

Thanks Sinkster this phone has no micro sd but it gives me a direction to get started.

Irving BigDady E.

Apr 21, 2014, 6:23:51 PM via Website

John Farrell

Why don't you try installing some battery saver apps, I am sure the background running application are draining your battery much more faster than it should buy a power bank as well as install battery saver apps I am sure you can a number of battery saver apps available in the playstore.

Thanks John I've tried a few awhile back and just didn't seem to do anything I have the battery bank so check that any good battery savers that you recommend? Thanks again for the advice.

Carmelo Rivera
  • Forum posts: 6

Apr 22, 2014, 12:30:35 AM via App

Give "Greenify" a try and put to hibernate apps that run in the background all the time that are not useful to you while you sleep. Works for me!

jim wiseman
  • Forum posts: 1

Apr 22, 2014, 4:21:50 AM via Website

I downloaded the app faster charger. It optimized my phone before charging. I have had 0 problems charging since. Now how to figure out why my battery goes dead so quickly.

sinkster
  • Forum posts: 610

Apr 22, 2014, 9:46:54 AM via Website

Irving BigDady E.

Thanks Sinkster this phone has no micro sd but it gives me a direction to get started.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it can be the external or internal sdcard. Battery life extenders will help in general, but this is a specific os issue that you'll need to resolve. It may resolve itself, but check for any anomalies in your files.

Sinkster