How do I get my app to show in the top new 500.

• Replies:18
GewiiMobile dev
  • Forum posts: 8

Apr 18, 2014, 1:04:42 PM via Website

Hi, I launched my free game app a week ago and now I'm at 600 downloads with 4 and half stars but still can't show on the market without typing the name or show up in similar app that are related to my app. Any suggestions? I would appreciate it.

Tooleap
  • Forum posts: 13

Apr 23, 2014, 2:42:04 PM via Website

There is no magic formula. Try posting your app in forums, and convince bloggers to write about your app. With enough attention, your app might make it up the charts.

GewiiMobile dev

GewiiMobile dev

Apr 23, 2014, 2:53:39 PM via Website

Okay thanks.

Tooleap
  • Forum posts: 13

Apr 23, 2014, 3:00:32 PM via Website

One more thing, on the first month after you launch the app, it might get featured on the play store main page as a "new app", which will net you more downloads. So you might want to concentrate your marketing efforts very soon after you upload your app.

Bronsoner
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 23, 2014, 10:53:35 PM via Website

600 downloads in a week is quite nice. Could you share link and what you did?

Bronsoner
  • Forum posts: 9

Apr 23, 2014, 10:54:15 PM via Website

Didn't see that you posted it's name - I'll search for it on google play.

Jan Karnath
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 23, 2014, 11:42:13 PM via Website

Hi - the key to get more visibility comes from different aspects.

ASO - Link Building / Screenshots / App Video (this will help to appear in the search results - however it will take some time anyway until you are visible there)

App Promotion - Your App is in the launch phase of it`s lifecycle - the goal should be to get it into the hands of as many users as possible. If you have any Marketing budget I would spend it asap. The reason is you will appear in the Top new category on GP (as mentioned before by Tooleap).

GP Algorithm - Google is ranking Apps on 5 aspects: Downloads / De-install rate / Retention rate / Ratings / Social Signals (all these section will be benchmarked to the other apps in your category) If you manage to have a low deinstall-rate and your ratings stay the same you will see a strong increase in the ranking.

I hope that is helpfull

Jan

— modified on Apr 23, 2014, 11:46:01 PM

carlsmileee

GewiiMobile dev

Apr 23, 2014, 11:48:00 PM via Website

I posted my app on www.appbrain.com and started a campaign with $100 at $0.23 per download I was getting between 100 and 150 download a day mostly from India and Europe didn't get much from the US.

GewiiMobile dev

Apr 23, 2014, 11:52:18 PM via Website

Okay thank you I appreciate.

Jan Karnath
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 12

Apr 24, 2014, 12:24:50 AM via Website

I would try to concentrate on one country - that will bring the ranking improvement.

This video might also be helpful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Od2SuL2igA

GewiiMobile dev

Apr 24, 2014, 12:52:29 AM via App

okay on appbrain I did try to focus only on the US but it only worked when I change the price from $0.23 to $0.43 and up. I will try your advice thanks for the link.

Karthick Chandrasekaran
  • Forum posts: 55

Apr 24, 2014, 9:27:56 PM via Website

The Google Play algorithm is quite unknown and there is no special formula to bring it in the front. If you want non paid promotions here are some ideas from my side

1. Write blogs and post it in blogging sites.
  2. Forum Uploads (but dont dump the link in forums it might create an irritation to the users)
  3. Social Media Optimization, I mean ask your friends to review and ask your friends to tell their friends.
  4. Dont pay for reviewing your app in Google Play it might result in suspension of the account (Google Play Developer Policy)
  5. App Videos, make a channel in youtube and promote with this video and make screeshots

There are 500 sites which includes Review Sites, Forum etc... If you upload your game in all these sites you can increase your ranking position. Keep an eye on the Top Free and Top New Free of your category.

Pls consider this as a suggestion. Thank you.

Satheesh Kumar
  • Forum posts: 20

May 1, 2014, 4:38:39 PM via Website

Try some paid review website.

GewiiMobile dev

May 1, 2014, 4:51:48 PM via App

I was advise to stay away from them because they don't get as many visitors that they claim to have every month and I did one and didn't get any traffic from it.

Vicky J
  • Forum posts: 11

Mar 6, 2015, 9:27:14 AM via Website

GewiiMobile dev

okay on appbrain I did try to focus only on the US but it only worked when I change the price from $0.23 to $0.43 and up.
I will try your advice thanks for the link.

I'm testing appbrain today and the price has gone up to a minimum $0.60 to get a meaningful response. You can set lower but probably it will be much much slower to consume your budget.

Zoe Young
  • Forum posts: 26

May 22, 2017, 10:49:35 AM via Website

Based on your situation, you can boost your app ranking with the following methods:

Keep high app downloads
Another important thing that app stores assess is the total number of downloads that has been done using its specific algorithm. This is turn gives a fair bit of idea as to how much response your app has been getting which in turn helps them rank your app accordingly.

Choose the Right Categories
Most apps can fit into a number of different categories and so you will need to decide which one yours will rank in. If you choose a category that has a very broad scope then there are going to be potentially thousands of apps here that you need to rank higher than. By making the right choice you can significantly improve your rankings.

Localizing app
Data shows that one app increased their downloads by 76% with this strategy.

Incoming Links
Google Play gives great importance to multiple incoming links to Play store App description page. It tells Google that your app is popular and it bumps up the rank over the due course.

Reduce App Size
Ensure thаt уоu kеер уоur app size bеlоw 5MB аѕ іt wіll result іn bеttеr conversion frоm Play Store View tо download thuѕ prompting Google tо assume thаt it’s а good app.

App Store optimization
Optimizing your app in the app stores is the most effective way to make it appear higher up on the result page.You can do it from the following aspects.
- Placing the most crucial keywords for your app within the title;
- Optimizing the app icon as well as the screenshots so that it can get the attention of many
- Using some related keywords to the app within the description.

And When you’re selecting a keyword, you need to take keyword relevance, traffic, and competition into account.

osama abbasi
  • Forum posts: 23

May 22, 2017, 2:37:18 PM via Website

:) abra ka daabra can't be used for this purpose .. use forums ,blogs(promotional and informational) presentations as well

osama abbasi
  • Forum posts: 23

May 22, 2017, 2:38:06 PM via Website

Great (Y)

Endive Software
  • Forum posts: 14

May 30, 2017, 6:46:37 AM via Website

Google has, indeed, adopted a very sophisticated system in determining the ranking of an App for a keyword. The criteria taken into account are listed as follows:

(1) Number of Installs

(2) Retention Rate (how many days an App stays installed on a device?)

(3) Rating (out of 5.0) and number of ratings and reviews).

(4) Number of backlinks to your App's Google Play page.

Tips for Android Developers to promote Android app:

1) Offer App install using Facebook ads:
2) Finish and Optimize your App:
3) Submit to Multiple store:
4) Increase Positive Audits
5) App Review Submission
6) Promoting through free content
7) Last But not the Least Promote on Social Media

— modified on Oct 17, 2018, 6:30:06 AM