I won

• Replies:2
Northernbaygirl
  • Forum posts: 52

Apr 17, 2014, 2:17:20 AM via Website

Today I got a call from a member of staff at UK newspaper Metro to inform me that I have won an HTC One M8 (aka HTC One 2014/HTC One Ace). The timing really could not have been any better as I bricked my Galaxy S3 mini a few weeks ago & the Xperia T a friend gave me is somewhat temperamental (especially since the 4.3 update). Now I just need to decide whether to keep it or sell it and use the cash I get from that to get the z1 compact or z2 I've been eyeing up. My first 2 Android phones were HTC's (Desire followed by Sensation XE) & I loved them both, especially the camera, which is the area that put me off the One last year. I've seen some pretty scathing comments about the ultrapixel technology in the Ones camera & considering other top range phones have 12mp (minimum) cameras why have HTC stuck with the same camera as the 2013 model. Anyone that has got or had an HTC One, what are your views on the camera & the resulting photos?

Lalit
  • Admin
  • Forum posts: 2,324

Apr 17, 2014, 7:17:21 AM via Website

Well, that's just a great news congratzz !! :* and about the HTC One camera I'll tell you five things why HTC camera is better

1) Zoe: It is a camera mode which allows you to click 3-second or longer videos which are then displayed in your gallery as either broken-out, frame-by-frame stills or as a video clip. It is just good for action shots i.e when you need the perfect single frame.

2) UFocus: It's an editing mode which allows you to refocus photos. :P

3) Better Selfies: It has are 5MP front-facing camera, means you can take you off selfies to your favorite social networks? :$

4) Camera User Interface: The user interface is just much more simple in One, which means you can focus on taking great photos, and the good thing is just with the help of some clicks you can apply filters if need arises :D

5) Saving a custom camera setup: It allows you to save custom camera setups, think it like you have a camera setup tweaked specifically for a location or lighting arrangement, you can save all of those settings in a custom camera.;)

Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Apr 17, 2014, 11:04:34 AM via Website

Hey Jen,

We've tested the camera on the HTC One M8 extensively having received it in our office.

You can check out our hands-on review of the M8 camera, which comes with quite a few pictures and a gallery showing off the results. HTC One M8 camera test: this is how good it really is

The final verdict was:

The HTC One M8 is a good camera that produces real colors, is rich in contrast and provides for some crisp pictures. It captures light well and triggers lightening fast without any lags. Just like we noticed with the M7, the M8 doesn’t completely live up to expectation. The biggest disadvantage to point out is its weak resolution of 4 MP, which despite the UltraPixel technology and light sensors, was often disappointing. The UFocus function also left me wanting more and created imprecise results. The best feature of all is the manual mode, which gives you the freedom to adjust the settings the way you want them. Even the shutter speed can be configured.

From this, the Sony Xperia Z1 compact has a really good camera like the Z1, which is one of the bets smartphone cameras that exist. The Z2 has a 20.7 MP camera with a bunch of cool features as well. The Z2 also has 4K video capture. Sony really makes quality phones in my opinion.