How to factory reset the HTC One

• Replies:9
  • Stickied
Loie Favre
  • Forum posts: 877

Mar 10, 2014, 11:45:35 AM via Website

How to factory reset the HTC One

A factory reset is a good way to fix some software related problems on your HTC One. This should however be one of your last resorts, there are often less intense methods to fix many of your Android problems. You can even just turn your phone off for a while and then restart it. Or remove the battery. These are also effective solutions.

Before you do a factory reset, ensure that you have backed up all of your data beforehand. Neither AndroidPIT nor I will take responsibility for any loss or damage incurred during this process.

Also you should be aware of the difference between a factory reset and a hard reset:

Factory Reset
The 'lighter' of the two reset options. It can be done either in settings or via recovery menu. It wipes all user data and firmware settings but leaves the contents of your internal SD Card intact.

Hard Reset
Restores a smartphone to its basic factory settings, which erases all applications that were installed by the user as well as all user data. Hard Reset wipes everything including the contents of your internal SD Card. Whatever firmware you last flashed will be the firmware you get back, but everything else will be wiped.

How to backup data:

1. Head to your Menu, then tap on settings and then scroll down to the Backup and reset category on your HTC One.

2. In the Factory reset screen you also have the option to Backup My Data and Auto Restore. We highly recommend ticking these options before you Factory Reset if you're not too sure how to do this on your own.

Where is my data backed up?
If you backed up your data to your Google account you should be prompted to restore your data when you sign back into that account after the reset. Otherwise, you have likely backed up to an app and saved your data either on your external SD card or the cloud. In that case, you simply need to follow that app's restore procedures.

How to factory reset

In the same section of Android:

3. Tap on the reset button.

4. When prompted, hit Erase all data.

5. This will erase all your data on your HTC ONE and then factory reset it, meaning, it will be just like when you initially received it.

Deppon Lian
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 12, 2014, 3:05:09 AM via Website

Do factory reset erase the data permanently?

Deactivated Account
  • Forum posts: 770

Oct 12, 2014, 8:15:12 AM via Website

Deppon Lian

Do factory reset erase the data permanently?

long answer short, Yes
factory reset will erase all the user installed data, you can backup your data with helium or titanium apks .

Ready To Help You.

Deppon Lian
  • Forum posts: 17

Oct 13, 2014, 6:12:04 AM via Website

Thanks! I was worried it before that someone could recover my data with apps if I sold the device to him.

Moorken de azt
  • Forum posts: 7

Dec 10, 2014, 8:24:48 PM via Website

thanks, i have been looking for this one for ages :)

ricky martin
  • Forum posts: 166

Dec 11, 2014, 4:59:00 AM via Website

Thanks a lot for sharing such an useful post. I am thinking about buying a used HTC One. I hope your post will help me to reset my new HTC One.

TotalSystemCare - Software to Care for your PC

ronandrew
  • Forum posts: 21

May 12, 2015, 12:20:36 PM via Website

Helpful post

Rina Steve
  • Forum posts: 3

May 12, 2015, 12:30:40 PM via Website

This will result jailbreak your mobile..Be careful

Blair Chen
  • Forum posts: 38

Nov 24, 2015, 3:22:24 AM via Website

Well, if your data hasn't been overwritten, it still can be recovered.

nilofar shaikh
  • Forum posts: 581

Dec 14, 2015, 2:20:26 PM via Website

Great! I have this phone for two months already and I just knew how it's done.

Looking for security app? Try Leo Privacy Guard 3.0.

Join Our Christmas Contest by visiting our Facebook page "LEO Privacy Guard"